· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Retirement Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey nut View Post
    What are those thin bladed plants and what kind of light do they need?
    The thinner, grassy-type plants in the 2nd picture? That is dwarf sagittaria. Moderate lighting is recommended but as you can see, they've been shaded out most of the time by my crypts and moss and are still there. These should spread more, however, which they haven't been able to do in this tank. But they're green and healthy.

For the first Spec V, I upgraded the kit light to a Finnex FugeRay (no longer available). But the 2nd tank uses just the stock light and the java fern and anubias have done great with that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on cycling your tank! - Silbar   Thanks! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - KENR   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry I was looking at the very 1st picture in your 1st post those thin plants lol
    If it's too loud you're too old
    If it's too fast then it must be thrash

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

Default Spec V Trim

4 Not allowed!
    Did a trimming on one of my Spec V's today. I knew I had some nice anubias on the driftwood in there but mostly all I saw was java fern. So here are the before and after pics along with what I removed. Also was able to confirm that all hastatus are in there (I was only seeing 3 at a time lately), but not the fry I found earlier last week. He's been MIA for a couple of days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Those are some fabulous looking plants, Sue! Will you be selling some to your LFS? Congrats on finding all of your adult cory in this tank. Hopefully the fry is still about and just hiding well.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I agree that is a bunch of plants, I can't believe all of that was in a Spec V. I'm glad you found all of your adults but I'm sorry the fry missing. Hopefully the corys will try again.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

0 Not allowed!
    That's a great haul!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    I agree that is a bunch of plants, I can't believe all of that was in a Spec V. I'm glad you found all of your adults but I'm sorry the fry missing. Hopefully the corys will try again.
    And all on one piece of Mayalsian driftwood. The java fern was originally glued just to the right hand side but as it grew it twisted along the entire length of the wood to the left, and both front and back, in between the anubias. That's about 2 1/2 years growth, using only the stock light that came with the Spec V. Below is how it began. I didn't have enough substrate in there to maintain the stems - they just kept floating up, so they were removed some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Those are some fabulous looking plants, Sue! Will you be selling some to your LFS? Congrats on finding all of your adult cory in this tank. Hopefully the fry is still about and just hiding well.
    I think I'll be adding at least some of them to my 40B. There is a large piece of driftwood in there which could use some addditions. I've just been hesitating to remove it so I can do the gluing.

The beginnings:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Moss taking over, again. I was unable to see my dwarf pencils in this tank lately as they were staying behind the large moss clump. And actually, I think 2 of the male WCMM's in there were keeping the pencilfish on that side - they tend to be bullies now and again, even with their own kind. So I removed just about all of it and netted myself $25 at the LFS. Below are pics before and after. The pencilfish are once again using the entire tank in spite of the bullies, one of which is front and center in the 2nd picture.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Welcome Back! - Boundava   Here is a coral to tide you over until you decide what to get for your 40 - bpete   Sorry for the ich, you'll defeat it. - mch1984   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    It's great to see an update and your tank is looking good. I liked both the before and after pics. But I know seeing your fish out and about is much nicer than them hiding behind lush foliage.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful tank, Sue!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536