· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Fingers crossed for your cory... - Slaphppy7   

Default Corydoras Lesions

0 Not allowed!
    Hello - One of my four Peppered corys has recently become quite lethargic and unable to tag along with the group. Closer inspection revealed that on his tail, he has an area where his scales are torn off and the skin is rashy. As there are no other spots like this, I do not think it is parasites, but because of the way he is acting I have become worried. Any Guesses?

Tank Size- 20 gal
    Fish - Six Orange tetras, one pleco (bristlenose), four corys, two pineapple swordtails (things are ancient)
    Nitrates- IDK
    Ammonia- 0 ppm as of yesterday
    Ph & temp- 6.6 and 79 degrees F (I raised it for the cory)
    Nitrite- .04 ppm
    Water changes - 15% every week (did one yesterday)

Also, I do not have a hospital tank that I can keep oxygenated with a filter, so there is that issue :\

Thanks - also sorry for anything i did wrong, I am new at this XD

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Fresh clean water is his best bet right now, until you can provide further info...maybe a pic of the lesion?

Do more WC's for now, with a good conditioner
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reply - he has become quite lethargic, I am doing a water change asap. Also, he can swim if he wants, yet he refuses :\ Pictures attached - Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Goodness, that looks terrible...I'm sorry, but I have no clue what that is...I may consider euthanizing if daily water changes don't help clear it up, I'm sorry to say

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thats what I was thinking. I did a water change and the poor thing seems to be doing a bit better, so I am going to wait and see if the cut clears up. I have no clue what it is (wish I did ) - the tetras and swords do not pick on him, and it probably was not a plant (I have a sand tank, which the corys love, with no rocks and 50% live/decor plants) as it seems to have gotten worse over these few days. I will keep you posted - Thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Keep up with the WC's, perhaps every other day, and we'll hope for the best for him

Sorry I have nothing else to offer...do let us know how he does

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - steeler58   Thanks!! - steeler58   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   Thx4rep - pRED   Won't let me give a rep ptr re the 12 gal tank - fishmommie   

2 Not allowed!
    Looks like an infected injury. Keeping water clean and nitrates low as possible would help, but at this stage, you might want to consider adding an antiseptic or an antimicrobial to the water. Depending on where you live, seachem paraguard would be a good choice.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

1 Not allowed!
    +1 to all of the above advice, I am so sorry for your poor cory. I hope this clears up on him. Mela-fix is a good antiseptic, you may want to add that to encourage healing.
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep! - steeler58   Thanks!! - steeler58   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   Thx4rep - pRED   Won't let me give a rep ptr re the 12 gal tank - fishmommie   

1 Not allowed!
    Melafix is indeed a good preventative and mild antiseptic for minor cuts and scrapes. In this advanced case however, I would advice you to "roll out the big guns" quickly before the infection goes systemic (i.e. Spreads through the blood to other parts of the body).