· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

2 Not allowed!
    Sounds like those kids have been through hell. Hope things smooth out for them soon and I'm glad you got your fish tank up and going again.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to three great years ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you handled it well and glad the fish are re-settled.
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good job rehoming the pleco! - Slaphppy7   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Slaphppy7 this is the tank with those results did the biggest water change I could.. Made a mess with the siphon hose hopping bf does not notice water puddle in carpet. Going to do another round of tests...also noticed my kit that I cot the ph test solution was frozen.. Will this have effect on tests?
    39 g 3 swordtails 2 Cories Many baby swordtails in diffrent stages of age..

39g swordtail journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    OK, good deal...frozen ph test solution?...and I thought it was cold down here, lol...not sure how much it will be affected, but we can experiment later with that, testing your tap ph a few times, and seing if we get consistent numbers...for now, we won't worry about ph that much, because it will fluctuate a bit while cycling

Sorry if I missed it, but what water conditioner are you using?...if it's Prime, you'll get false readings of ammonia immediately after a WC...the Prime renders ammonia inert, but it will still show up on the API test...wait 24 hours before testing again

How are the fish?
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-25-2015 at 12:59 AM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Using aqua safe monthly mantnence, bottle about half gone, will look into prime when I need more, running well water for fish tank, doing new test now waters been running for about an hour and now test are following
    Ammonia between 0 and .25 nitrate 0 nitrites 0

39g swordtail journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Good...remind me again exactly what filter(s) are on this tank?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Okay nephews here lol now have names for two fish, male wag I'd Fin the albino is now Cinderella ..btw all fish are okay fine just worried about placo color seems very light..the pineapple female is Frozen..

39g swordtail journal

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.tetra-fish.com/Products/a...r-filters.aspx

I started a thread in technical because I'm not sure whata bio scrubber is..I'm not sure but I'm thinking since I'm using the filter that came with it it's got charcoal in it

39g swordtail journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    What type of pleco do you have? You mentioned s/he is light, has s/he been eating?
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You know I'm not sure as I didn't buy him..he was sopose to go into my brothers tank but since he is only about an inch to an inch and a half long the Oscar was nippin at it..in fact all the fish I have in my tank now are because they were to small to be rehomed or was very close to popping, I know should not have kept him in unicycles tank ..but I am asking around to those I know in my area...but none that I trust have responded.. My other tank was just till he got big enough for the Oscar tank..

But with the last water change I moved the castle back a little and cleared out some of the gravel that was blocking the underside and he does seem darker.. I'm wondering if it might be the led lights that are in the hood..they do seem brighter than the lights in my old tank...just standard incondcent plant bulb from Walmart..

As for him eating, I'm not for sure I drop a algae wafer every other day as iv always done, he comes out grabs it and takes it under the castle but then when I get home from work its next to the castle and the albino sword is munching on it ..so I am not sure who is eating the wafer..
    Last edited by Cubikins; 02-25-2015 at 04:14 PM.

39g swordtail journal

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast