· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good job rehoming the pleco! - Slaphppy7   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I have bronze cory cats, so how do i remove them? If i set up my fish hatchery and place them in there is there a posibility of me being able to hatch them?
    39 g 3 swordtails 2 Cories Many baby swordtails in diffrent stages of age..

39g swordtail journal

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, what an adventure ive been on since ive last posted on this thread. Ive two tanks now. My 29 g tank is seemingly healthy. With several generations of swordtails, ive managed to get several orange/gold with black tails. Looks gorgous. I have added 2 female green swords 1 male red velvete over the years. Gotten in trade from small lps. He really likes the color veration that has formed in my school. So most my fry go to him. With that in mind ive had to set up 2 tank for fry, which has developed into more of a male tank, this tank is now giving me problems..........snails...losts of snails...... bought a plant from major pet store chain from thier plant tank, no snails insight, sign read snail free(lies) only fish in tank was the stores "mascot" i giant eel looking fish, sorry dont rember if it was a fresh water eal or a knife fish. But after rinsing off the fern plant under tap water then rinsing it in old tank water as i just left them in sink as i did water change, and placed them in tank before refilling. Normal rountine on all plants ive blanted even from bulbs. Week later ive little blck things crawling on mt tank, �� Baby snails. Plucked and smashed as many as i could but still by the end of that second week tank is over run.

So ive taken all plants and decorations out of tank and every two days im tring to catch and kill theses snails, i am starting to think im going to have to move the remander (6/7) male swordtails to main tank but im worried that it would over crowd it, the lps wont take the mails until they are as big as a quarter and tail is very noticable, at the moment tails are just starting to show. Iv also have 3 panda cories in the tank along with several glass shrimp, im sure my cories would be fine together (bronze/green) in main tank. But im concered about having two difrent shrimp together... ameno/japanese algi eater and glass..

My thoghts on getting rid of snails is either let tank run with high contration of bleach/vinger (once all fish shrimp rehommed) fore while then doing through cleaning of all equpment and starting fresh with new gravel..but same filter and heater and cleaned ceramic bio beads. And start as new tank..snailseggs are in bio beads...or just to dump lots aquarium salt and shock system while running tank, clean and restart.

Any suggestions on how to get ride of these snails?

Ive even found them on outside of tank...so now in addetion to lid i have sealed the sides with seran wrap .. main tank is in diffrent room but i do not want snails in that tank..

39g swordtail journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome back to the forum.

Get assassin snails to take care of the pest snails.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Not really wanting any snails, but would assain snails kill fry??

And thanks for the welcome iv been learking and reading posts just not been posting as i should...

39g swordtail journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

0 Not allowed!
    Assassins won't kill fry-they will predate eggs, but should go after the snails first. Too bad you couldn't pull the fish/shrimp out and get a pea puffer for the tank, it will fix that snail problem within a week-but then you have to keep the puffer.
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Pea puffer? Might have to look into that.. was looking at tank today and there are not as many snails in it as last time i took snails out... three days ago, usually there are the same amount ..maybe im getting to them before they can breed

39g swordtail journal