· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good job rehoming the pleco! - Slaphppy7   Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

Default Starting sword tank 29g

0 Not allowed!
    New tank been running since Saturday, Tuesday started to ad fish, 2 Cory cats 1 percosimer , 2swordtail (pineapple) labeled as green, 1female (probably pregnant) 1 male, then one wag male sword tail, and an albino pineapple female

Going to cycle tank with these fish so not adding more females, though I am planning to add at least three more , but didn't want to over load a virgin system.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry all are upside down silly iPad

image.jpgaquarium

image.jpg
    Wag male

image.jpg
    Albino female

Pineapple male
    image.jpg

Female pineapple hiding in castle with male
    image.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

4 Not allowed!
    Be sure to read the cycling with fish sticky in the beginner section...you have many, many water changes in your future if these fish are going to survive.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

5 Not allowed!
    + to Slap. Don't add more fish until your tank is fully cycled. In the meantime, hope you've got an API master liquid test kit. You need to keep close tabs on ammonia and nitrates. never let either get above .25ppm and do an immediate W/C if they do.
    If it were my tank, I'd take the 2 cories back and get credit. Bottom dwellers are the very last fish you want to add to an uncycled tank. The worst of the toxins settle at the bottom and they will take the brunt of it.

BTW - what's a percosimer? Do you mean plecostomus? If so, that fish should also go back.
    Can't image why a fish store would let you take bottom dwellers home when they know your tank isn't cycled. :o(

As slap said - please read the cycling with fish link that's in my signature line and do ask for help if you need it..
    Last edited by fishmommie; 02-18-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post

Can't image why a fish store would let you take bottom dwellers home when they know your tank isn't cycled. :o(
    I certainly can imagine why...because they don't know any better, or they don't care.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

More coffee for your nose :-) - Taurus   Happy Mothers day :) - steeler58   A book for compleating your's ;-) - steeler58   Happy Birthday USA on the 4th! Hope you are well :-) - Taurus   A geo because i miss yours! - Sandz   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

1 Not allowed!
    sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    I certainly can imagine why...because they don't know any better, or they don't care.
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   Thanks so much for the rep!! - Compass   Have another banana, LOL - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7   For your new addition - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    I just want to say I agree with everything that fishmommie and slap are saying, they've both helped me out a lot getting our tank started up, along with others here. Doing a fish-in cycle on a 29gal with 3 neon tetras we were doing daily water changes for a while, so with this many fish I would expect that you need to do at least daily testing (with API master test kit preferably), and base whether or not you do a water change and how much on that test every day until you start to get a cycle going. The fish in cycling article in fishmommie's signature will guide you through the maths. I found it very helpful.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The tank maybe new im not new to cycling out tank, fish are not new, old tank cracked am doing an it the way my dad taught me years ago, under my black gravel is some of the same gravel from their old tank, ran new tank with this gravel for a few dates all my tests have been fine except for ph being slightly high, but are dropping now with adding fish, , iv done no water changes because nothing has become high, also plants were from other tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    What test kit do you use?...what water conditioner?

Can you list your levels of ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you for the moss - Hockey nut   For being a good sport ;-) - steeler58   No Message - BluewaterBoof   You deserve a medal for all of your hard work! - Silbar   Hang in there, you will get it all done! - RiversGirl   

4 Not allowed!
    Congratulations on the 29 gallon tank but we are worried for your fish and starting it from Saturday and putting in fish today isn't really time to establish a tank.

Did you use the same filter that was on the old tank, and was that tank the same size?

Reason I ask is because 99.8% of the bacteria that break down the ammonia and nitrites are going to be in you BB media in the filter. Very little of it is going to be in the gravel (unless you are using something porous like tuff or pumice as gravel) I don't think anything will be on the plants you moved over.

If you are using the same filter with a similar tank size (i.e. didn't go from a 5 gallon to 29 gallon) and you didn't let it dry out or clean it-thereby killing any BB you have already established, then you should be okay. However if it was me I would still be closely monitoring the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels. The first two will kill your fish if you don't bring them to zero as soon as you see their levels rise.

Everyone is concerned for the corys and pleco because they are very sensitive to the ammonia and nitrate-especially the corys. If you have the other tank still set up and running you may want to move them back until this tank has a chance to cycle and get established.
    75g- Plecos, Rainbowfish, Edlers, Espei, Gouramis, Cory, Loaches, Amano, and misc.
    Two 5.5g- Shrimp tanks; one with 4 chili rasbora & Bloody Mary and second with Blue Dream shrimp
    5.5g- Rescue female betta Lucky Star
    20L- Rescue betta Tony Stark and pygmy corys
    20L- Pygmy cory, 2 vampire/rock shrimp, ember tetras and female guppies

75g:
    Nat's 20L Tanks
    5.5 G Shrimp Tanks

DebinWhitmore