· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default What are these eggs in my Angelfish Breeding tank?

0 Not allowed!
    So I am attempting to breed Angelfish for the first time, I tried to give them a river shrimp today as a treat it survived so I don't think they were keen or it is a little big for them so I took him out and fed it to my Malawi's. Since then underneath my sponge filter I have noticed some strange eggs, I don't believe them to be angelfish eggs mainly because I don't think they would fit under the filter to lay them. But I also didn't think River Shrimp laid eggs. They are little dots encased in a clear sack, stuck underneath my filter and gently swaying in the current of the tank. The only other fish that lives in the tank is a Bristlenose Pleco (Female) but with no male it rules her out. Are these Shrimp eggs aborted? aborted Angelfish eggs? Or some kind of worrying strange fish poo? I also did a 20% water change today so perhaps that stressed them slightly. IMG_3020.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Did you recently add plants?...looks like pest snail eggs to me
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Ahh man! How did I not think of that yeah recently added a plant to make the pair feel comfortable, I notcied a pretty decent size one in there! Thanks for your help.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Mr 46,000 - steeler58   For surviving Harvey - Silbar   Hope you're drying out down there. - WhistlingBadger   Thanks for the Rep! - Silbar   Thanks for the rep! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    No problem...I'd do my best to remove that egg sack if you don't want a tank full of pest snails
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need this! - talldutchie   Have another Clown - Compass   

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome to having a planted tank... I'm lucky enough house botia family loaches that devour those pest...
    Zipper loaches are among the smallest, and Assasian Snails do a great job at controlling their raise.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys, I can't stand these little snails. Egg sacks removed! Unfortunately because it's a breeder it would be cruel to put Clown Loaches in there my bristlenose will be leaving soon though. I don't like Assassin Snails because I used them before then had hundreds of them. These Zipper loaches though can I put them in an Angelfish Breeder without them eating the eggs or the Angelfish murdering it when they breed?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need this! - talldutchie   Have another Clown - Compass   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnzee View Post
    Thanks guys, I can't stand these little snails. Egg sacks removed! Unfortunately because it's a breeder it would be cruel to put Clown Loaches in there my bristlenose will be leaving soon though. I don't like Assassin Snails because I used them before then had hundreds of them. These Zipper loaches though can I put them in an Angelfish Breeder without them eating the eggs or the Angelfish murdering it when they breed?
    I wouldn't put Zippers in my 40 angel grow out to be breeder due to fear of egg eating.. I can't even begin to how excited I have gotten over some oddball bottom fish for the angels, but at the end of the day they all find eggs yummy... :(

Toss a zipper loach in for a week, and you can say good bye to your snail problem thats for sure... Just gotta catch it after haha.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I think I will just have to entice snails with cucumber then remove it when they are all clinging to it. Whatever loach I put in there to be compatibly with my larger cichlids will be too big and too small will either eat eggs if I leave it in there or be eaten if I put it in the cichlid tanks. Thanks for your help :)