· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what?

1. Default what?

0 Not allowed!
    one of my bronze cory got stuck inside one of my drift wood .i ignored him for about an hour thinking he can get out i look at him again and he was still stuck . i decided to get him out so lifted the drift wood he did not move and then a saw a small snail on the drift wood i ignored it.i thought it was something else i broke open the drift wood the cory was alive and hid .
    then i looked at the plants and saw a small snail again how did it get there i have not put any snails on that tank.the snail is small tha shell is see through and its round i will post a pics soon.how the hell did it get there and how did it survive i have a chinese algea eater which eats snails i think.
    Last edited by Saimese Figther; 11-17-2007 at 12:05 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Could have been on the driftwood is if fairly new. Any plants in the tank? I got a few snails from some swords I planted. My loaches ignored them! When I see them on the glass, I just pop them. Neat.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the drift wood is 3 month old and the plants are about a month old . i want to keep the snail .the plant are not even aquatic.they cost 8 3 non aquatic plants why did they sell them.if there non aquatic how the snail got there
    Last edited by Saimese Figther; 11-17-2007 at 12:17 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    snail can live in and out of water so probably they were in the plants and you JUST saw them while they've been there whole month. Your fish will probably have it for lunch.

0 Not allowed!
    have you got any new fish recently???

whent he LFS person was scooping your fish...they could have scooped up a tiny snail and you just not noticed...

but yeah...most likley you have had the snail for a while and just havn't noticed.

do u know what kind it is??

0 Not allowed!
    Be careful with snails. Uncontrolled they will infest your tank rather quickly. Trust me, I know.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gm72
    Be careful with snails. Uncontrolled they will infest your tank rather quickly. Trust me, I know.
    same here....i started out with 2 ramshorn snails and now i have about 50-100 of them....they multiply FAST.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by squirt_12
    have you got any new fish recently???

whent he LFS person was scooping your fish...they could have scooped up a tiny snail and you just not noticed...

but yeah...most likley you have had the snail for a while and just havn't noticed.

do u know what kind it is??

no i have not added any new fish. the snail looks like a Colombian Ramshorn Snail .its to small to identify

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saimese Figther
    the snail looks like a Colombian Ramshorn Snail .its to small to identify
    thats the kind that i started with.....so if you do not want them to multiply i would get rid of it.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dont worry i got back up