· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 342 of 393 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 3921

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    My mind was RACING on the way home from work, I'm telling you I was flipping out....15 minutes seemed like 15 hours...leaked all around the power strip for the tank, thank God nothing electrical happened.

The tote is the one I store the Python in, coiled up, fits perfectly in my fish cabinet.

I bet at least 7 gallons of water hit the floor...we've cleaned up best we can

Thank goodness there was enough water to keep the fish alive, I told her to add water from the 40B until I could get home, she filled with 2 pitchers, and it kept coming out

Get this...the filter ran dry, for who knows how long, but the media stayed submerged...that one baffles me, presently.

Rinsed the tote faster than I've ever rinsed anything in my life, filled it with Primed water at 78F, moved the filter and heater (how long did THAT cook while exposed??), and plugged them in...all seems to be working just fine

Yanked all of the deco, then netted the fish and shrimp (Mrs. Slap is to be commended today, Lauren's with bio dad, my SO was a trooper helping me with this mess)...she did better than me, I was not very calm...dunked them in net by net, had the small and the large net going...scooped up some sand, probably injured some of the fish, but we netted them all into the tote

Obviously, they are stressed and shocked, but it's the best we could do in an emergency.

I even have a bubbler going (never use those) just because the filter waterfall is so high above the waterline, need more surface agitation....

OK, so first question:

What am I forgetting?
    Looks good.

Next question is how long this set-up can last.

I have the new Aqueon 10G tank.

I want to paint the back glass, but a fill/leak test outdoors is first on the agenda tomorrow.

If the fish would be OK for a few days as they are now, I could delay setting the tank back up pending the painting of the tank

Black posterboard is "ok", painting is much more desirable, and looks so much better...and is permanent

The fish are remarkably calm, exploring the new "tote" a bit
    I've kept fish in a rugged black tote for 1 year.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks Rock, glad you popped in.

What do you think about doing a leak test on the new 10G in the bath tub?....raining outside, probably will be all day
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Agree.
    Your BB do not know that this tank is no longer transparent. It doesn't matter to them, only to you.

Were you able to determine if your heater is alright? I suppose this is a better time of year to have a thing like this happen (better than during cold weather)... if there is such a thing as better, in this scenario.

I'm wondering if bubble wrap around the outside of the tote would help the temp remain steady. What have you got to put over the top of it? If it were a very long piece of bubble wrap, I could see that working out well. You could weight it on each side (perhaps with your clip on hangers that you use for acclimating) and that way, it would not sag much in the middle and dip into your tank water.

I hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

Plastic loses heat slower than glass, so as long as there is a heater, heat loss is not an issue.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    ^^ Good to know...how that heater did not fail being out of water is a shocker to me

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    may put a tote in the b-tub and try it that way
    If you have a large enough tote, you could just set the tank inside it right in the middle of your floor, next to the sink. That way, you know it is level. The tote will catch any leak. No need for the bathtub.
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Tote I had wasn't large enough...I found a nice flat spot in the tub, it's filled and level

I guess I'll trash the old tank?...not really up to resealing it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Well maybe Ms. Slapp can use it for hermit crabs or something terrarium wise in class?
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    I already offered it in exchange for the 20L with the lizard in it she has now...she just gave me "the look"

She probably CAN use it for something in the classroom, though

Keep forgetting to tell y'all I busted my rear during all the commotion, slipped while carrying a bucket of sand and came down hard on my right knee...didn't hurt too bad last night, but now it's swollen and throbbing...gonna get an ice pack on it here in a few

Didn't spill my beer, though
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 05-03-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Lol, the look!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Lauren laughed at me went I fell, too!

They're mean.

You know, one good thing that may come from this, alot of limpets were stuck to the dried glass of the old tank, lol

Page 342 of 393 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast