· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: indoor pond

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default indoor pond

0 Not allowed!
    I'm attempting to build an indoor pond for my fantails, I was hoping to use a preformed container but I can't find any of the right dimensions, they are all too shallow. The pond will be a square 60cm x 60cm x 50cm deep and I think I'm going to have to use liner, although I don't want a load of creases in it. Is it possible to do as its only a smaller amount of liner or will it just be all wrinkly? Has anyone else done this successfully? Is there any other way of doing it? I've looked at box welded liners but they are really expensive.
    Thanks.
    Small outside pond with a few common goldfish.

60l Indoor aquaponics setup with 3 small fantail goldfish, 5 danios and 1 silver tip tetra.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Sorry, but I can not offer much help with the liner question

Why not just go with a 50 gallon cube tank ? It will be almost the same measurements
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Mostly due to the cost. A 200L aquarium and stand is around £350 and thats on sale, whereas I can do a home built pond with liner for less than £50. Unfortunately tanks are expensive here, and we don't get dollar a gallon sale equivilents like in the USA. I can't even get anything like the rubbermades as there's just nothing that big here, and what there is costs the earth.

60l Indoor aquaponics setup with 3 small fantail goldfish, 5 danios and 1 silver tip tetra.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    check out a farm/agriculture store. they seem to carry large water storage containers. at least they do around here.
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - aquamama   

0 Not allowed!
    I am facinated to know where you are going to put it?
    ~AquaMama

10 Gallon Freshwater with male betta, 3 corydoras and 2 apple snails
    20 Gallon Freshwater with dwarf gourami, rummy nose tetra and platies

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I only know of 2 places around here that do horse equipment etc and I've not seen anything like that in either. I don't have transport either so I need to be able to get stuff online.

I know exactly where in going to put it, that's why it needs to be a certain size. This is what I have now and want to upgrade.

IMG_20150127_132613.jpg

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    IMG_20150128_102306.jpg

Under the table is a 65l sump although its not full right now. I've got more plants coming today.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    looks like some aquaponics going on there?
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Yep, my supermarket herbs are now very happy in it and doing much better than when I got them.

IMG_20150203_131031.jpg

The huge surface are of the grow bed makes a perfect bio filter which keeps the ammonia etc at zero. Plus I get fresh food out of it without having to do a thing! I've just ordered some aquatic plants which I'm cycling a filter for a quarantine tank before they touch my precious fantails.

I've worked out exactly how to make the pond with a flat liner while having no folds at all inside. I'm hoping to start it in a couple of weeks when I visit my dad as he has all the fancy power tools I don't have. Will post pics when its done.