· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Been very busy with the new job, and the weather has not been cooperating. The tank is all ready, and I got the rest of my stuff in, just waiting for some free time to finish up some stuff. Now working m-f and a lot of gym time, so this may be delayed for a few weeks, but I will update it as soon as I get some stuff done. Still super excited tho! I hate waiting for this.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    wow silicon smells strong! anyway, work has continued on the tank here are some updates. Sump plumbing is all done for the most part, just need to get some more media for it. 3d background is just installed, waiting on the silicon to cure up. Did some minor work on the stand, just to make sure it is super sturdy.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    On a bad note, I have had some mysterious disease killing my tiger barbs in my 125. Thought it was ick but haven't been able to kill it off yet..... Only the tiger barbs are being affected. it started when I was on vacation. not sure what brought it about.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

2 Not allowed!
    Silver Dollars are wonderful fish but they eat plants. I saw mention of those earlier.

Your tank is awesome. Will check back now and then to see how it progresses.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    WOW, what a fantastic job!!! Yes the silicone has a very intense, concentrated vinegar smell...I didn't mind it so much when I was building my background since I like the smell of vinegar- but it did get to me after a while. Can't wait to see this up an running.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

1 Not allowed!
    your background's looking good! And yeah, I about gassed myself from the silicone outgassing when I installed mine.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan1229 View Post
    On a bad note, I have had some mysterious disease killing my tiger barbs in my 125. Thought it was ick but haven't been able to kill it off yet..... Only the tiger barbs are being affected. it started when I was on vacation. not sure what brought it about.
    Sorry for your losses, hope you can id the illness and treat accordingly. Do they have any symptoms maybe someone here can help id the illness?
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    the fish have white spots on them, the fins look ratty. I treated with ick med, and it got better I thought, but It seems to still be in the water. Only the tiger barbs tho, I figured my clowns would be in trouble but they are fine as well all other fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry 20 questions time...
    Just to clarify, they had ich and the fin problem-then you treated for ich and it went away just to come back again? Or was it ich first and then it came back with the fin problem?
    How have your water conditions been, anything to bring this on (high ammonia, pH, temperature fluctuations)? The white spots sound like ich (just got done treating my tank for that too) but unsure what the raggedy fins would be from, though its usually something bacterial-possibly fungal.
    How long did you treat for ich?
    Maybe you are dealing with some fin rot as well?
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Love that background. Looking forward to watching this progress.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast