· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Check your water change bucket....

0 Not allowed!
    So I'm doing my every 3 day 2 gallon water change on my RCS nano... it's time to do the back chambers so I pull one bag of bio media and my filiter floss so I can vac 2 of the 4 chambers... once done I swish around the bio media to knock off the big chunks, replace it along with new filter floss,take about another gallon out of the display and refill. I ALWAYS check the bucket just to see If I picked up any good stuff... like baby shrimp! sure enough as i'm setting the bucket on my kitchen counter something catches my eye... I had to use a flashlight to find it again and sure enough its a TINY male(I think, almost clear in color) RCS! the little guy is 3/16 at most long and maybe 1/32 at his widest point... I look some more and find a tiny female(more red) sadly she is dead... I think the vac ride was just to much for the little girl. I also found a tiny red squigly worm... I've NEVER feed the tank worms so it must have devloped on it's own... anyone have a guess as to what type of worm it may be? good or bad?

Anyway check your bucket... you just may get to keep something out of that slurry of poo water

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree... always check the bucket... when I was breeding Apple Snails and P. Acuta snails.... I had to check before dumping because there was always at least 30 snails in lesss than 5Gal of water.... so... from then, I ALWAYS check it carefully before dumping...

0 Not allowed!
    do you have any pics? they would help people to figure out the answer to your question.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sorry no pics... my wife has the digi cam over at a girl friends baby shower... I'm not sure my cam would have even focused on it anyway as it was about the size of an eyelash. I'm not worried to much about the worm just yet... it's the only one I've ever seen... and it was snack size

0 Not allowed!
    Did it taste good?

Jk, congrats on your new baby shrimp.

6. Thumbs up

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by the P
    Did it taste good?

Jk, congrats on your new baby shrimp.
    too funny, just wanted you to know your reply cracked me up. maybe it's just late and had 1 too many Guinness. good stuff tho

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure what it tasted like... it was Friday afternoon... I was alone at home(no wife or kid's) soooo I just tossed him in one of my MANY tequila shot's