HI THERE!
I'm looking for info about L010A/ Rineloricaria sp./ Red Lizard Whiptail, compared to "normal" Plecos- Preferably personal experiences and observations.

Please, tell me your experiences, do they for the most part stay in the open, more often than other plecos? Is the way they move around unique compared other Plecos? Even comparing your own pleco to the sterotypes I made in my post, or to the pictures/videos I posted of the Lizardfish would be helpful and much appreciated!

Let me explain further-

When I was little I thought Plecos were really cool and I always liked "unique" looking fish like them, but then I did some research and realized unless it was a small Zebra Pleco in my imaginarey 100 gallon dream tank, plecos probably aren't for me.
Over the years I have seen many tanks with plecos, in classrooms that I sat in daily, in resturaunts, and now, in friends fishtanks.

But the problem is, I don't often *see* them, maybe glimpses of them wedged in a dark corner or decoration. I rarely see them swim and when they are in the open, they're just stuck to the glass. The more I look at them, the more uninteresting I find them, and I don't think these giant, elusive waste machines are worth keeping in one of my tanks.

My friend has multiple fish tanks in his dorm room and one of them has a veiltail pleco or something. It has long fins and coloration unlike any other pleco I've ever seen before. Very cool looking fish. Funny thing is, I didn't even know he had it, and the first (and only) time I saw it was 3 months after we had met, when I was helping him clean out the tank.

(Sorry, the pleco section of the forum probably isn't the best place to be bashing plecos, these are just my honest opinions about what I would want to see in a fish tank. I love unique fish I that I can teach people about, and that they will see!)

The Red Lizard Fish:
When I was in PetSmart the other day, I saw this fish. It was reddish brown, had a long tail, 4 longish side fins held straight out, and its head was facing slightly upwards. It was perched horizontally on top of a small plant in the front of the tank. looked like some sort of fighter jet ready for takeoff.

I couldn't find any label, so I asked an employee what it was. She said it was a red lizard fish, and that they were fairly new to the store.

That name made it sound even cooler. Yes, it looked like a lizard, basking in the sun. I almost turned into one of those people who gets a catfish from walmart just because it's labled as a "freshwater shark". In fact, I think the only reason I didn't get it was because the little thing didn't move the entire time I was in the store, even when I tapped the glass.

You can see from these first two google images why the position it was sitting in might've thrown me off, but in the last one it looks much more pleco-like:
RedLizardGoogle.png
I don't know about you, but in my opinion, even if it isn't an extremely active fish, the seeing it perched out in the center of the tank in that position would make it a worthy conversation piece. As long as I can see it!

After going home and doing my research, I learned it's new to the market and noone really knows where it came from, it could be some sort of hybrid. But they only get about 4 inches, that's managable!

I watched every video I could find on youtube, and in every one, they were sitting somewhere out in the open, not wedged behind the filter. In the videos where they were moving about, they looked awesome, almost crawling around the tank and over decorations like an actual lizard!

So please, tell me your experiences, do they for the most part stay in the open, more often than other plecos? Is the way they move around unique compared other Plecos? Even comparing your own pleco to the sterotypes I made in my post, or to the pictures/videos I posted of the Lizardfish would be helpful and much appreciated!