· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Well have one with me!! - Algenco   Merry Christmas Rich :) - MeganL3985   for being sooo nice :-) - mitcore   back at ya! - Dave66   cause you are nice - mitcore   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - richberstler   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - richberstler   

Talking Red Cherry Shrimp just arrived!

0 Not allowed!
    I just received my bag-o-RCS from Algenco and they are AWESOME! I set up a 10 gal just for them. Two of them came prego so I can't wait to see them give birth. They are so busy in the tank it almost seems like I have 100 of them.

This new treat comes with 3 questions:

What is a good method to get the Java moss to root and thrive in my new tank?

There were Daphina or something else in the bag. They were so small and moved so fast in the bag all I can really say is they look like fleas. Will they thrive as well? Should I do anything special? Will the shrimp treat these little buggers as a goos source of food or just as tank mates?

How much do these shrimp eat? I'm fairly certain I over fed a bit today to help them adjust from the terror of dealing with the Post Office for 2 days. But normally, what should I expect? Currently I'm planning to feed them from my current stock of algae wafers and fish flakes.

I'm so exited over these guys!! (Yes I feel like a nerd because of it lol)

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Well have one with me!! - Algenco   Merry Christmas Rich :) - MeganL3985   for being sooo nice :-) - mitcore   back at ya! - Dave66   cause you are nice - mitcore   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - richberstler   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - richberstler   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, it's amazing what a Glowlight Tetra can fit in it's mouth. That little guy decided to swim around the tank instead of heading for cover. Lesson learned. My dad won't get any of these with the Tiger Barbs he has in his tank. At least not until they double or triple in size!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Don't give up! - Rue   good poster - Lady Hobbs   something to chew on :) - Dave66   *kicks* - Drumachine09   Have a slice on me, thanks for the other forums! - Bill M.   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know about the Daphnia but for feeding them because you have a new tank I would just overfeed your fish a little once in a while and they can pick that stuff up. My larger shrimp like to eat my hikari sinking wafers.
    Just throw the java moss in the substrate or attach it to some driftwood or a rock. It will do fine it is a very easy growing moss.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    Just throwing some bits of gravel over the java moss is enough to make it root.
    CORRECTED video of my fish. This link works. For sure. Really.

Tanks:
    20g long: 4 panda cories, 1 honey gourami, 1 apistogramma borellii, 1 male cacatuoides
    20g High: 3 bolivian rams, 12 rasboras
    8g hex: empty
    5g: empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    To add more fuel to the fire.... Besides the moss, any other suggestions on live plants for these shrimp?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    Those are " Seed shrimp" harmless, if you have any fish in with them they will eat them fast! That reminds me I need to put a couple of baby guppies in the shrimp tank.

Ground cover plants make good hiding places for the shrimp. Marsilea ,or glosso are good

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    As I keep cleaning off the sponge surroundings of my water intake I'm noticing the color of it. Green, maybe brown. Now I'm wondering if the sponge will affect the bio part of the filter. Maybe the bacteria is growing both places? Just want to be sure I'm going to keep my shrimp alive....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad you are so happy with your shrimp. Algenco wouldn't steer you wrong. I would have loved to have bought some but didn't know where to put them. Guess I should have set up my 20 gallon, huh?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by richberstler
    As I keep cleaning off the sponge surroundings of my water intake I'm noticing the color of it. Green, maybe brown. Now I'm wondering if the sponge will affect the bio part of the filter. Maybe the bacteria is growing both places? Just want to be sure I'm going to keep my shrimp alive....
    You've just increased the area available for biological filtration. You shouldn't need to clean the sponge very often

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   Whee! - Nick_Pavlovski   Drink up! - Drumachine09   For keeping TOF alive! - Drumachine09   For Being A Great Friend - MeganL3985   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - tropfish   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - tropfish   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - tropfish   HIV/AIDS - tropfish   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - tropfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new shrimp! You know we need pics now! lol
    55g: 1 Severum, 1 Raphael Catfish, 1 Syno Catfish

5g: adopted goldfish..

2.5g: crowntail betta