· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: My Aquarium

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the advice I was looking at turning my centre chamber in the sump into a live filter bed having plants in there and installing lighting in the lower cabinet I was taking that principle from when my dad bred Koi he had a massive live filter bed as well as UV's and a tower filter and his water was always gin clear and water tests showed it was spot on.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need this! - talldutchie   Have another Clown - Compass   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty.h View Post
    Thanks for the advice I was looking at turning my centre chamber in the sump into a live filter bed having plants in there and installing lighting in the lower cabinet I was taking that principle from when my dad bred Koi he had a massive live filter bed as well as UV's and a tower filter and his water was always gin clear and water tests showed it was spot on.
    I think the refugium would be not only great additional filter but help for that stability I mentioned also. Go for it!its perfect haha

I'd just run lights at night however

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish! Welcome to the site! - Plecos   Foe all of your effort on the SW tank - Silbar   thanks for sharing your amazing pics - Silbar   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   For getting your tank featured in PFM! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I will give it a month or so for the biohome media to fully mature before I go altering the middle chamber as that has bio rings in. If I could I would divide the second chamber but it's not that easy to bypass and would mean shutting the sump down for 24 hours not ideal. what do you suggest I add as a substrate in the sump just sand like I have in the display tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   Chocolate always makes a body better.  Glad you're on the ment - fishmommie   Here's to a quick recovery my friend. - mommy1   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above

You could use the pH controlled combine with 24 hour photosynthesis (main tank + sump) to help ensure a stable pH when using the pressurized CO2.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    That CO2 setup looks pretty good.

If you find the diffusion reactor doesn't work that well, there are other reactors that will work perfectly find for a set-up like that
    I have seen all sorts of different reactors but it's a case of finding the one that will do the job best as every different manufacturer claims there is the best ect but that's marketing for you

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I currently use Seachem Florite in my freshwater refugium with great results.

Cliff showed me these not too long ago: http://www.amazon.ca/Zaki-Multi-dire...um+co2+reactor

http://www.amazon.ca/Diffuser-Atomiz...um+co2+reactor

http://www.amazon.ca/Multifunctional...um+co2+reactor
    Last edited by James`; 12-27-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   Chocolate always makes a body better.  Glad you're on the ment - fishmommie   Here's to a quick recovery my friend. - mommy1   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, The above posted ones work very very well. I prefer the below on on a return line from a Rena XP2 cannister filter. I get 100% saturation with this one at the flow rates put out by the filter.

There is a ceramic diffuser in this were the CO line enters the diffuser and then mixes with the return water in the second chamber.
    Last edited by Cliff; 12-27-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks I will look into all the suggestions I wish there was as much info available for a sumped tropical setup as there is like CO2 / marine ect would of saved me a lot of mucking around.

Now done a little vid of my tank excuse the mess on sand it's vac and water change day.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/...pso2aarirr.mp4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    image.jpg

This is what I went with was the ista mix match medium. I opted to put the reactor in the water so I could see it better.. I like to see my co2 but obviously this could go in your sump.

I see much better diffusion from this reactor than simple ceramic diffusers. Figured I'd share my co2 story with yah

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That looks a good idea I could convert a spare reactor I have and just fill it with K1 media and inject the CO2 into that the K1 will also then help to mix the CO2 into the water better.

I'm sure that would work will it not ?

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast