· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    The "tandanus tandanus" eel tailed catfish(in my avatar) can go in cold water, but they can get to 2' too, they sell them all the time here as 2-3" cute little guys in with the goldfish, little do people realise that they can get so big!

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Danios (white cloud, zebra, gold, leopard, blue), platies, guppies, swordtails, and mollies. Many people lump these in with tropical but they are actually sub-tropical and usually tend to do a little better in room temp, especially the white clouds.

Axolotls aren't fish, but yes, they are a great coldwater aquarium species. They can't be kept above 73F, which is why mine are in the basement.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do you want them for a pond or tank?
    or just curious. LOL

eww that green looks sorta like duck poo . . .
    Don't drink water . . . fish poo in it!!!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Most of the fish that are listed can not be kept with goldfish. Goldfish get large and well eat anything that well fit in their mouths.

Cory cats need warmer water so not a good idea. The white clouds are ok but may get eaten. Danio's need warmer water then goldfish and most are to small. Guppies, platy and the like need warmer water.

BN pleco's can be kept with them but if they are small enough to go in the GF's mouth they can and do eat them. Dojo loaches can be kept with goldfish they love the coldwater just make sure they get food and can't jump out. Apple snails can be kept but once again gf can and do eat them if they are small enough to fit. (Mine eat the babies if I let any hatch)

The big thing is to make sure your goldfish have enough space 10 to 20 gallons of water each before you add others to the tank. And make sure any fish can withstand the 10xGPH that goldfish require. Most your smaller fish cant take all that current so keep that in mind.

Good luck

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Actually if anything, fancy goldfish need less flow than many of these could handle.

Platies, mollies, swordtails, guppies, danios, and a few others are not tropical the way many people think of them as, they are subtropical, just like goldfish. So the temp is not really an issue with these species. Other things may be limitations though, like mollies nipping at round-bodied goldfish.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Those fish still can not be kept with goldfish.
    They are small and the current would be stressfull on them. They require different food and they also need warmer tanks then what goldfish need.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Actually goldfish do not require the cold temps people think. They are fine in almost any temp. And again, those species are not as tropical as people think. All of those fish are fine in room temp, just like goldfish.

Again, those fish are fine in faster current. They are all very active species. Danios, guppies, and platies all love a lot of flow. They can stand much more flow than a round-bodied goldfish.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Opps sorry I well not feed the troll. How a troll got so many post is beyond me. And since the board likes trolls I wont be back.
    Please do your research cause the troll is wrong.
    Last edited by Goldfishlover; 11-03-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Please support your claims. Please do not come on here with one post and say others are wrong without any information to back it up. Any links to the information?

Try using fishbase.org. It is one of the best resources of accurate information about real geographic distributions, max sizes, water parameters, etc. Even beginner books put things like danios and guppies at lower temps than the tropical fish they are usually lumped in with.

Please stay. Just because your first experience here is someone trying to share more informtation that does not happen to match what you already know does not make them a troll or make this forum a bad place. Please stay and discuss this and enjoy the forum.

How many goldfish do you have? What is their setup like?
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist

0 Not allowed!
    Koi ruds some loaches minnows.