· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    black moors,lion heads,orfe,koi(which may out grow tank)subumbkin(i think its spelt right) tench,rudd,or if you want predeter fish perch,i come from the uk so theres alot of variety for cold water fish,theres is a lot of choice but be warned some do grow big and may need rehouseing,

2. Default cold water fish

0 Not allowed!
    Buenos Aires tetras
    Killifish
    Bloodfin tetras
    cory cats
    paradise fish
    Apistogramma borellii
    American flagfish
    Blind cave tetra

Just ensure to do research before making choices
    20g long-blue gravel, top fin 40, air wand, 6 neon tetras, 3 serpae tetras, 2 gold tetras, 1 cory, 2 otto's, 1 bumblebee goby, 1-female guppy, assorted live plants, dift wood

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mexican walking fish are a type of coldwater
    and they are super cool!!
    Tamara .J

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyologist
    Buenos Aires tetras
    Killifish
    Bloodfin tetras
    cory cats
    paradise fish
    Apistogramma borellii
    American flagfish
    Blind cave tetra

Just ensure to do research before making choices
    Most of the above fish are can be kept sub tropical and not really cold... I guess it just depends where the 'cold' starts and ends....

Lot's of the above fish are South American...I wouldn't keep any of them below 75F
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Pike ,Walleye(Pickeral),Muskie ,Smallmouth,....
    Man what a huge tank that would be!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelcakes
    black moors,lion heads,orfe,koi(which may out grow tank)subumbkin(i think its spelt right) tench,rudd,or if you want predeter fish perch,
    A lot of those are just varieties of the common goldfish, they are just bred to look different. The fancy kinds that you mentioned are not as tolerant to cold as the common goldfish...

Pacific blue eye is a small schooling fish which can handle temperatures down to 5 degrees celsius and up to over 30 degrees. A lot of Australian gudgeons can also handle those temperatures.

0 Not allowed!
    Banded Highfin!

Here are a few others: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...US285%26sa%3DN
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    We can order these at my store I think for about 30 bucks(around 7") sorry we don't ship

The shovelnose sturgeon, Scaphirhynchus platorynchus

you need a BIG pond. See if you can house one of these where your from.

will definitly win on oddball award from the negihbors.

channel catfish
    gara pingi pingi
    are a few others I can think of off hand.
    I mainly have cichlids

African cichlids of all sorts, green terrors, jack dempseys, apistogramma caucatoides, PELVICACHROMIS TAENIATUS "bipindi and molwie" ,angelfish,few syno cats petricola and brichardi,7 plecos will name provide L numbers in the future, dwaf rainbow fish, red tail shark, 1.5 million guppies, and of course I can't forget the about the fish I forgot....yeah them too.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAF
    Be careful of the sticklebacks, depending on where you live, it may be illegal to even possess them.
    It is illegal to even stock a pond with fish in maine... at least with koi and other popular themes.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    LOL. Tadpoles!!!!!!! but then they grow into frogs and that mean to keep them in a tank. . .

Dunno if you can get them where you live
    but fresh water crays (in NZ we call them Koura)
    or fresh water crabs are also neat

The fresh water mussels help filter the water, but don't move so . . . are kinda boring

Some tropicals or sub tropicals can be climatized down to be cold water such as:

Algae Eaters
    Myers hillstream

Or there is always the white cloud minnows

Axoltls are great! nice touch to a cold water aqurium . . . but don't go too well with other fish. LOL they eat anything that moves and fits in their mouth

But don't shun the goldfish ahh, as they come in some pritty cool varities and look neato!Like i have this shubunkin, which is a grayish black on the back half and a ghostly white on the front half.He is awsum, as he has a red spot where his heart is (i think)And has black eyes!I named him Spud then named my username after him.LOL only fish of mine that i've named. LOL hes that special and is a goldfish!
    Don't drink water . . . fish poo in it!!!