· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    +1 to everybody that suggested Hikari sinking wafers, the Sticks N Bits from AngelsPlus that Matt suggested, the fish realy seem to enjoy, still using up my free sample ;-)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

They didn't have a Gudgeon. Have a Sea Cow - Compass   Have a cory for your future tank! - steeler58   Have another Cory! - steeler58   Thanks for the Rep :) - steeler58   everyone needs one of them - cm12setx   

0 Not allowed!
    I've had nothing but success and happy fish from New Era. Definitely the best brand in my opinion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Christmas Clownfish,  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff   Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie   Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family are well. - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cm12setx   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    There sure is a lot of different types of food on the market for fish. Make you wonder if it is like Dog Food? We had a business making Dog Cookies for almost 20 years. During that time we tested all kinds of dog food for heavy metals, proper ratios of cal & phos etc. My wife used a company that tested blood from race horses to make sure they were in top shape health wise. They tested the food for us for free cause the company scientist was interested. We found out most was not right and different from batch to batch that is why we make our own for the last 28 years. Interesting thing was heavy metals in pet food, they have them. China imports a lot of crap to the pet food industry and in the US they re/package it under different names. It seems if it is for animals a lot of companies don't care, it is the bottom line for making money that is important.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Christmas Clownfish,  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff   Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie   Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family are well. - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cm12setx   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Did a little digging since I said what I said and found a bunch of fish food comes from China in Bulk to be packaged. Seems to look a lot like what we buy under different names?? Take a look at the amounts they can ship and different forms of it.

Importing Fish Food Companies;
    http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/fish-food.html

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plecos View Post
    Did a little digging since I said what I said and found a bunch of fish food comes from China in Bulk to be packaged. Seems to look a lot like what we buy under different names?? Take a look at the amounts they can ship and different forms of it.

Importing Fish Food Companies;
    http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/fish-food.html
    Oh boy. Can you trust anyone?
    http://m.alibaba.com/product/7095248...meal_fish.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

2 Not allowed!
    That's why you research the fish food companies and what constitutes quality fish food. Not all of them buy bulk fish food from China.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 11-04-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksor View Post
    That's why you research the fish food companies and what constitutes quality fish food. Not all of them buy bulk fish food from China.
    It is getting harder to do that now days. But your right! I wish we were still working with that company cause I would have them run some tests on different foods. It was Analytical Laboratories in California.
    Last edited by Plecos; 11-04-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plecos View Post
    It is getting harder to do that now days. But your right!
    It's not too hard as there are already fishkeepers who have done the research, and you can cross reference it. If you go to www.monsterfishkeepers.com and do searches on posts made by RD. or neutrino, you will find " food war" threads in the central american/south american cichlid threads about what to look for in the ingredients list.

However, no matter how great the food is, if the fish won't eat it, then it's useless.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks I will look there to see. Neat site might have to do some reading and sign up so I can search and post questions.
    Last edited by Plecos; 11-04-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome and here is a Betta - Plecos   

0 Not allowed!
    Just to backup what others said about Hikari pellets. They have the best reviews on amazon of all the different sinking pellets. > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...XOZLRDJMRNPZHP
    Remember to use the bubble head charm, or gillyweed, before viewing your tank from the inside.