· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed that the arowana would be a short term fish. If you decide to get one, secure the lids, since they can jump up really hard and will easily move normal lids.

I would skip normal pacus. There are other fish that look like pacus and get to 10-12" such as the Red Hook silver dollars (Myloplus rubripinnis), Black bar silver dollars (Myleus schomburgkii), and Tiger silver dollars (Myleus fasciatus). You can have a large school of those.

Peacock bass such as temensis would be a good addition, same with Flagtail Prochilodus. A venezuela pike cichlid or cincta pike may work. They get to around 22" easily.

Then there are the catfishes such as the bolt catfish (Aguarunichthys torosus) and vulture catfish that would fit in that tank.

If you like plecos, the P095 orangecheek Pinecone pleco is pretty active during the day.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 10-20-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday Cindy :-) - Taurus   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishmommie   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - fishmommie   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishmommie   

1 Not allowed!
    What about tin foil barbs? i saw 5 of them in a doctor's office - all of them the size of a dinner plate. Gorgeous!! Have no idea about their compatibility so make certain you read their profiles before considering but an entire tank full of them is an amazing site!
    30 g FW planted:corys, female ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, rummies,
    15 g FW planted:2 male guppies, neons, pygmy corys, clown pleco, 4 types of shrimp, assassin snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep, I hope all is well with you ;-) - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow... 370g! It's going to be awesome! There seem to be a number of large builds going on. They are fun to watch and enjoy.

Your stand looks amazing. And I had no good reference to know how large a 370G is, until I saw how small that 135G looks sitting on top of the stand! Can't wait to see this build.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Xmas! - Sandz   H'agassizii a lovely christmas! - ScottishFish   Thanks!  Merry Christmas to you, too! - KevinVA   Merry Christmas - mommy1   
    HIV/AIDS - ~firefly~   

1 Not allowed!
    Your tank will be too small for an arrowana - don't do it. Keeping one to sell on is not a good idea. You will struggle to sell it and, I would put money on it, you'll end up keeping it longer than you should in an undersized tank. The best piece of advice I can give you is ONLY stock fish you know you can support at their adult size and for the duration of their life. It's the least we can do as fish keepers.

I like the idea of a school of dollars.

This tank's twice the size of yours but has some cool fish in it.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good job on your stocking situation! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the input - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you all for your advise, however i do not like Plecos... I understand that Arrowana will not suitable for this size aquarium..

How about 2 Oscars, 5 SD's and 1 Giant Gaurami only...

Don't know but I have seen Giant Gaurami, Arrowana and Oscars together in several 5 or 6 feet tanks..

Please advise...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Xmas! - Sandz   H'agassizii a lovely christmas! - ScottishFish   Thanks!  Merry Christmas to you, too! - KevinVA   Merry Christmas - mommy1   
    HIV/AIDS - ~firefly~   

0 Not allowed!
    I think you could get away with that stocking, although the gourami would be a bit squeezed for turning space. They are normally kept in worse conditions and are pretty hardy. Full of personality so I hear.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good job on your stocking situation! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the input - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightia View Post
    I think you could get away with that stocking, although the gourami would be a bit squeezed for turning space.
    I thought that Giant Gaurami max size is 28 inches, however my tank will be 30 inches in width (2.5feet) still will they face turning difficulties??

Thanks,
    Bhupesh

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   My fish say thanks - KoryKat   

0 Not allowed!
    2" is too small in difference for turning. The longest total length of the fish should be no more than 75% of the total internal width of the aquarium, which would be close to 22.5" in total length for a full size adult fish for a 30" wide aquarium. My information is from the Amazonas magazine Nov/Dec 2014 Edition in an article from 3 Aquarium curators.

Above i misspoke about Cichla temensis being ok in that aquarium. I meant Cichla Kelberi.
    Last edited by Rocksor; 10-21-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhupeshkhanna View Post
    I had 2 tanks - 135 G and 200 G, sold of 200 G and left with 135 G now.. Will take this off to my first floor living room once the new 370G will be ready to be placed on this base.
    :)
    If you need a good home for that 135, I would be happy to help you out. ha ha ha On second thought, forget it--I just saw that you're in India, and the shipping would be murder.

I agree with mommie on the tinfoil barbs. Someday I hope to have a tank big enough to keep a school of them. They are really, really pretty. Just don't keep plants with them.

That base is beautiful! Have fun!
    Tom
    Friends don't let friends use clown-puke gravel.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I think a large school of silver dollars would look great, but not too many plant options with them, either. Although I've had luck with anubias, and crinums.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast