· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Christmas Clownfish,  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff   Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie   Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family are well. - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cm12setx   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   

Default Planting the Little Amazon Swords?

0 Not allowed!
    Now that I have a bunch of them with long roots on the runners I had a thought. My Pleco pulls up or knocks the little plants out of the gravel. I was thinking that if I made a long skinny hanging planter that would hang off the top edge and ran the runner over it and in the substrate to start them in. This way they would be protected and off the bottom for a while to root good. It would also not interfere with his swimming room. Then after they got going good transplant them in the back side of the tank. Will this work? I thought maybe a plastic screen around the bottom of the plant to hold it in the gravel after I planted them in the bottom of the tank? I could always remove it later.

Another thought would be to use the 10 gal tank to start them in pots then put them in the big tank with lots of roots in pots with out a bottom in the gravel??
    Do I cut them off the runners or cut the runner into sections not messing with the little plant? Thanks for any ideas or help.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   For Your 33 Gallon. Happy Holidays! - Taurus   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   

0 Not allowed!
    Both plans can work. You can cut runners as soon as the plantlet is big enough to plant.