· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7   Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

Default The I Hate Winter Thread - 2014/2015 Edition

0 Not allowed!
    Since people are already bringing it up and we already had our first freeze a couple weeks ago (even though it was 80 yesterday - nature is not fooling me ha!) It is time to get the hate flowing!

and yes I wasn't kidding - we had our first frost the weekend after Labor Day. and parts of the state shattered their earliest recorded snowfall date by nearly 3 weeks.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    We know it's coming...we also had an early freeze...followed by a heat wave...can't win out here...lol...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   For Your 33 Gallon. Happy Holidays! - Taurus   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   

0 Not allowed!
    I think I saw a few seconds of sleet earlier this week.

After the monsoon we've had a very nice September. Days are rapidly getting shorter now and starting next week temps are going to drop int he low teens.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   Happy Birthday!!! - Jill   For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch   I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos   

1 Not allowed!
    Ugg, I hate the cold. But I do like snow. I love my gardens, flowers and veggies. And then the cold comes and kills them all and I have to wait months until I can play in the dirt. We haven't had any freezes yet, but nights have been getting down into the 40's and 50's. In fact this summer was cooler then normal. I hope we don't have a bad winter again.
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Christmas Clownfish,  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff   Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie   Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family are well. - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cm12setx   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    We had a bad summer! A 250,000 acre fire that got about 4 miles from me and I lived in smoke for weeks. To bad for the homes in it they lost 350 from the fire and 5 from mud sides after the rain hit! Biggest Fire in Washington State history. Maybe winter will be nice this year?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC! - Slaphppy7   Get well soon - frank_zappa   good start on your tank - SeaLady   Enjoy your new plants! - AABatteries   

0 Not allowed!
    Yall can hate on it, but I love the winter! :D. Cold rocks haha
    Not much to say when you're high above the muckey-muck.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIF but you can use it any day of the week! - Taurus   T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on your promotion! - wgoldfarb   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    The almanac is forecasting a rough one for us.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on guessing the DT. - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep, and welcome back ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    The almanac is forecasting a colder than normal winter for a lot of states, I believe Texas is one of them. I am looking forward to it. I may actually have to wear my sweater this year.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    And its sunny and 80 still here in florida : haha, can't beat that.
    "I've always thought that if
    I learn from mistakes that I'd make
    Even the losses into victories"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

TGIF but you can use it any day of the week! - Taurus   T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   Congrats on your promotion! - wgoldfarb   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    And I'm over here wanting to relish in the 75 degree temps for the next few days because I know it's not going to be this warm for much longer