· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

1 Not allowed!
    The Dominicans have only been imported in the last 5-6 years. I did see a batch of '14 babies at the Hamburg show, and several adults available too, but those weren't reds.
    Here's a couple pics of Becka's new baby, Damien:

I also picked up a 12" Okeetee corn snake Saturday, hoping it grows out to be outstandingly bright orange and red.
    Damien didn't make a fuss about taking f/t, though it did take him a few minutes to figure out what to do with the first quail chick. No such problem with the second one though, looks like he'll eat just about anything.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

1 Not allowed!

This one is the smallest of the lot, a bit flighty, but has a healthy appetite for f/t pinky mice. About 20 minutes after the first one went down the hatch I took another look, and he/she was still roaming around rather than laying up over the heat digesting the food, so I thawed another. The second one was quite exciting, and went down a little faster than the first one.

The only one w/out an aquarium, 12 quart sterilite tub for the time being. I had a similar size corn snake escape from a 20 long with a securely locked screen top some years ago. By the time the tub is too small the Okeetee will be too big to squeeze through narrow gaps, and the other snakes will be housed in larger enclosures.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    Those are all very beautiful snakes. How many do you have total? Why quail chicks specifically? I'm not exactly in the snake world but I've not heard of those used as a food source.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   thank you for the stocking suggestion - showmebutterfly   TGIF! (non-alcoholic for you!) - showmebutterfly   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    So how many tanks of yours contain snakes and how many snakes do you have?
    Also Can you shift to dubai? I would love to see snakes like these :P
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have 4 tanks containing snakes.
    Two pairs of the yearling DRMB's in a 55 and a 38.
    The carpet python is in a 29.
    The red tail boa is in a 20 tall.
    The Okeetee corn snake is in a 12 quart plastic tub for the time being.
    I will be building larger wooden enclosures for the boas and python, the tanks are handy temporary housing. The corn snake doesn't require as much warmth, and will eventually be moved into a tank.
    Quail chicks are helpful for picky eaters that aren't willing to take rodents. The Dominican boa babies start out eating anoles, then have to be switched over to mice or rats. Some are more willing to switch than others. Quail chicks have about the same nutritional content as pinky rats, and that's what the first pair of yearlings have been fed, so I figured I'd keep them on the same diet for a while. They're available along with frozen rodents of every size from newborn mice though large rabbits. Much more convenient than raising mice or rats myself, not to mention the smell.
    The second pair of yearlings take f/t pinky rats just fine.
    The red tail has taken a pinky rat and quail chicks, so no worries about feeding that one.
    The carpet python hasn't taken anything yet; though it did seem somewhat interested in a quail chick, it finally turned away. Turned away much more quickly from a rat pinky, may have to get a hopper mouse to feed it. The seller told me it had only eaten once or twice, it's only a month or two old, and may be getting ready to shed soon.
    The Okeetee eagerly took f/t pinky mice, that one will be easy as well.
    The Okeetee will change colors a bit as it grows, I'm hoping it will be one of the really bright orange and red ones. It's the only snake I didn't buy, swapped some fish at the lfs for it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thought you needed a gift :) - arkie   for a fellow front lover - sailor   this is the biggest fish they have!! - The Red Severum   For making me smile with your Arow story. - Brookfish   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    The only Boa we currently have is a Super Salmon het Albino. Actually plan on breeding her this year to our friends Sunglow het Anery. I mostly focus on Ball Pythons (have around 60) but we just like to keep a few different things to mix it up. we also have a female super dwarf reticulated python that's around 9 or 10 foot now. would like to eventually get into hognoses a well eventually.

your snakes are beautiful!
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I had to help the carpet python shed, over a week after the blue eyes went back to clear the only skin that had come off was the head. Little fragments at that, and the rest wasn't moving. A warm bath in the sink and a washcloth didn't help, so I folded the washcloth over the snake and placed it back in the cage before I went to work. Actually directly on a tray of wet sphagnum moss to help keep the washcloth wet, and under the ceramic heat bulb. When I got home the washcloth and snake were nicely warm, the snake hadn't moved much, but the old skin was soft and looser. The snake actually seemed to appreciate the help, and it didn't take too long to peel the old skin off cleanly, though it did tear in a couple places.
    Here's a few pics of the freshly peeled python:

Still has the same gentle disposition, hasn't struck or bitten anything.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   Have a tetra, you fit right in with this crew!! - steeler58   thank you for the stocking suggestion - showmebutterfly   TGIF! (non-alcoholic for you!) - showmebutterfly   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful colors
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong