· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Christmas Clownfish,  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff   Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie   Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family are well. - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cm12setx   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   

Default OK is this one a Common Pleco? Picture of him.

1 Not allowed!
    Just took his first picture. He does have a large fin on his back when he is swimming around. I will have to spend some time to get a good one later. Reflections on the tank, sun light etc make it hard for a good one. Mark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    He certainly does look like a common pleco. The below link might help

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...?species_id=88
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Christmas Clownfish,  Enjoy the holidays - Cliff   Happy New Year!  Pop a cork for me :o) - fishmommie   Merry Christmas! Hope you and your family are well. - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - cm12setx   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post

That what I figured when I saw it. Mine is a lot fatter around then the one in the picture but has the same fins. Mark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    That is one big happy pleco.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   For Your 33 Gallon. Happy Holidays! - Taurus   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post

Actually I think it's this one: http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...pecies_id=1967
    Biggest of that family.

Anyway, it's very chubby, wondering if it's getting enough fiber in it's diet.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I think you are correct talldutchie
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Actually I think it's this one: http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...pecies_id=1967
    Biggest of that family.

Anyway, it's very chubby, wondering if it's getting enough fiber in it's diet.
    That one looks like him with his fins all spread out. Maybe the driftwood will help on the fiber now that he has a chunk? I feed him flake food and shrimp pellets at night. He does have a big sailfin on his back when he spreads it!
    Last edited by Plecos; 09-09-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I just looked at his sailfin and it has around 12+ rays on it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   For Your 33 Gallon. Happy Holidays! - Taurus   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plecos View Post
    That one looks like him with his fins all spread out. Maybe the driftwood will help on the fiber now that he has a chunk? I feed him flake food and shrimp pellets at night. He does have a big sailfin on his back when he spreads it!
    Feed this fish fresh veg several times a week and you will have a much healthier fish. This one shows clear signs of a diet that is much too protein heavy
    Last edited by talldutchie; 09-09-2014 at 06:00 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I got a picture with his Sailfin up. I also put him a cave in the tank. I had some 6 inch square PVC from my white fence I just cut off a post. He has not gone in it yet but is thinking about it. I still have to clean the glass better for good pictures. Mark