· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I would do the heat treatment, but I cannot afford a tank heater. I have seen them online for $4 but with shipping, I think it would come to late to treat him.

I've been using Tetra Ick Gaurd since yesterday. He's losing his appetite though, and he was breathing heavily when I woke up this morning. I put the filter back in (without the cartridge) just to get some oxygen back in the tank and he started breathing better.

I really hope he lives. Everybody is telling me "oh it's just a fish" "you can get another one" etc. but to me, he's not. He's a family member, just like someone else with a dog or a cat. When I caught him, I took the responsibility of caring for him no matter what, so I can't just let him die like that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for having so many tanks :) - NanoTankGuy   For being a good teacher and helping to educate me! - chel   They didn't have any platys so I got you a pleco! lol - Northernguy   For you mate. - mac   Thanks for all your help and input regarding setting up my 55 gallon!!! - emilyekk   

0 Not allowed!
    There's just no way that you can say that there wouldn't be as many deaths, keeping a predatory fish with prey fish.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

0 Not allowed!
    I could never prevent him from eating smaller fish just by feeding him more. It's in his nature and I'm pretty sure he enjoys chasing live fish much more than eating man-made pellets.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for having so many tanks :) - NanoTankGuy   For being a good teacher and helping to educate me! - chel   They didn't have any platys so I got you a pleco! lol - Northernguy   For you mate. - mac   Thanks for all your help and input regarding setting up my 55 gallon!!! - emilyekk   

Default What species is this catfish?

0 Not allowed!
    While that may be true, the pellets are healthier for it. The ingredients aren't man made.

Feeding dead fish to other fish as a food source isn't a great idea. Best to gut load feeder fish to get the nutrition of staple food into fish that wouldn't otherwise eat the prepared food. I don't know how good it would be to gut load a feeder then freeze it for future use.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

0 Not allowed!
    I've never fed him dead fish. I put live feeder fish in the tank for him to eat, but rarely. The fish could've been the reason he got ich.

And I didn't meant the ingredients were man made, I just meant that there aren't pellets in the wild that he would eat.

0 Not allowed!
    How big of a pond would he need? The one I currently have is only about 60 gallons.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Xmas! - Sandz   H'agassizii a lovely christmas! - ScottishFish   Thanks!  Merry Christmas to you, too! - KevinVA   Merry Christmas - mommy1   
    HIV/AIDS - ~firefly~   

2 Not allowed!
    You are keeping an eight inch fish in a 10 gallon tank?

1. That's incredibly cruel of you.
    2. There are TWO of them in your photo.
    3. No wonder they're sick.

Forgive my bluntness but I find posts like this frustrating.

Please be responsible with your decisions. Treat the fish then return it to where you caught it...OR provide adequate housing for the species you have absolute control over (and therefore...responsibility).
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bailey3553 View Post
    How big of a pond would he need? The one I currently have is only about 60 gallons.
    When full grown they will need, about 1,000 gallons+
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    "What will they write upon my grave
    A free man born as a king, who died as a slave" -Logic

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    You are keeping an eight inch fish in a 10 gallon tank?

1. That's incredibly cruel of you.
    2. There are TWO of them in your photo.
    3. No wonder they're sick.

Forgive my bluntness but I find posts like this frustrating.

Please be responsible with your decisions. Treat the fish then return it to where you caught it...OR provide adequate housing for the species you have absolute control over (and therefore...responsibility).
    Agreed on all but returning it to the wild. It's illegal to do so.

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I hope you get help for your betta! - Slaphppy7   Here's a crayfish for you! - Slaphppy7   You need another fish. - Compass   No Message - Fishhook   thanks for the native fish research - Fishhook   

0 Not allowed!
    Yup same here, haha I returned my cray to a pomd in the middle of a hoa neiborhood that pour chemiclas in the pond, so it doesn't countas wild.
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    "What will they write upon my grave
    A free man born as a king, who died as a slave" -Logic

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast