· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    OK, just double checking

With a 120 degree lenses, that should spread the light wide enough to reach the bottom edges of the tank. 120 degree lenses would decrease the lighting intensity tho.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, well I don't really need to "customize" the lighting necessarily since it all one tank, it isn't divided.... Figure one 36" light would be less expensive than two smaller ones.
    29g - planted w/Emperor Tetra & Cardinal Tetra
    10g - planted w/male aqua-mustard gas Dragon Halfmoon Betta
    10g - planted w/male purple-maroon Dumbo Dragon Halfmoon Betta

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm doing low light plants, would 120 degrees OK for those?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcarrot View Post
    I'm doing low light plants, would 120 degrees OK for those?
    I can not offer any advice based on the lenses alone. Can you post a link to the fixture you are talking about ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

5. Default

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    That is a little on the low end (108 diodes at just less than 1/3 watts each and very wide angle lenses), but should be good enough for low light plants.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm, any thoughts on a light that might better suit the tank? I was only getting that one because you can buy a ramp timer for it.

0 Not allowed!
    I think the one light might be simpler. The brackets on the end of the lights are made to sit on the edge of the tank. The tanks I've seen with braces in the middle, the braces sit down lower than the edges (if I recall correctly) so the brackets wouldn't have anything to attach to in the center? My 2 cents. lol
    It will probably be easier to figure out once you have the tank and see how the cover fits. I Google everything so maybe Google images of 50 gallon tanks to get an idea of how others have set up their lighting? Visual aids help me, so may help you. :)

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 
    Good eye! - j250nyahweh Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady 
    Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcarrot View Post
    Hmm, any thoughts on a light that might better suit the tank? I was only getting that one because you can buy a ramp timer for it.
    If you have a chance look at Slaphppy7 40 gallonjournal. The light works great. Ask him.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    If you have a chance look at Slaphppy7 40 gallonjournal. The light works great. Ask him.
    Oh my. You are sending them on an epic journey into Slap's journal. lol
    Gronlaura had the lights too and made a video. I think it's posted in her 75 gal journal?