· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default 150 Gallon Stocking

0 Not allowed!
    I'm getting a 150 gallon (6 foot) soon. I have my ideas as far as stock goes. Just wanted to get some more opinions on them.

Fish that I already have:
    3 Jack Dempseys
    1 Spotted Raphael Catfish

Fish that I want in addition:
    1 Tiger Oscar
    1 Albino Tiger Oscar
    5 synadontis multipunctatus cats OR 5 clown loaches
    1 Lima Shovel Nose (maybe)
    1 Columbian Shark (maybe)
    1 Other Large Cichlid? Suggest something.

Or come up with your own stock based on the JDs and Spotted Raphael.

0 Not allowed!
    The columbian sharks need fw when young then bw when middle age, and finally sw when full grown. I would do he clown loaches, you could do angelfish in there I think.

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Do you like the flower horn chiclids? Also i should have asked how roudy are the jack ds?
    Last edited by cm12setx; 08-30-2014 at 04:17 AM.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I love flowerhorns. Can't believe I forgot about them.

The JDs are complete scaredy cats. Two are about 4-5 inches, the other is 7-8 inches. They all hide about 80% of the time there isn't food in the tank. I just had an oscar that was with the bigger JD commit suicide by jumping out last night. And those two would literally lay on top of each other behind a rock. They're pretty much docile as could be.

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Or how about Cichlasoma fastea"red terror", flagtail porchilodus, or a L025 scarllet cactyus catfish? And finaly big band silver dollars "myleus schomburgmkii?
    Fishes go "pook pook"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AABatteries View Post
    I love flowerhorns. Can't believe I forgot about them.

The JDs are complete scaredy cats. Two are about 4-5 inches, the other is 7-8 inches. They all hide about 80% of the time there isn't food in the tank. I just had an oscar that was with the bigger JD commit suicide by jumping out last night. And those two would literally lay on top of each other behind a rock. They're pretty much docile as could be.
    I have to ask jd and their reps as mean, and you ended up with scardy cats? How Lol.

And i wont sugest peacok or jaguar. Their too crazy imo.
    Fishes go "pook pook"

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not a clue. The bigger one is a parent of the two smaller ones. So I guess "like father, like son" applies in this case. It's kind of disappointing that they're so docile and hide all the time. But, the younger ones are getting better. By no means do I expect them to become aggressive, ever.

One is a normal JD, the other is a gold JD. The gold one is unique and look just awesome, and the normal color one actually is turning out really nice.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That is awsome e i have not seen a gold jd.
    Fishes go "pook pook"

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thats pretty cool.
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

0 Not allowed!
    That stocking list sounds like you'd be overstocked just with the JDs and the oscars at adult sizes. I'd not mix those aggressive cichlids with clown loaches.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~