· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

For getting your fish safe and sound! - gronlaura Congrats on the new fish!  well done! - Slaphppy7 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 
    Have a nice Memorial weekend! - steeler58 For hyjacking your thread, but that Matt........ - steeler58 Here's to Marbles Hatchets & RCS! Congrats! - Slaphppy7 To another safe delivery. - steeler58 new fish - cm12setx 
    For the new fish!!  Bottoms up! - gronlaura T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thank you! - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 Have a beer to make your day better :) - steeler58 
    For the kind words in Matts journal ;) - steeler58 TGIF - RiversGirl Have a Cory for a safe delivery - steeler58 Thanks for playing - mommy1 Dwarf Scissorstail Rasboras - RiversGirl 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm curious enough to follow you in your quest, ShowMe...good luck. I admire that "forge a new path" quality you have!!

0 Not allowed!
    Yea rocks, pics?

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my "rock" star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLady View Post
    I'm curious enough to follow you in your quest, ShowMe...good luck. I admire that "forge a new path" quality you have!!
    That's a nice way of looking at my hard headedness. lol I want to create a good, stable environment for the fish and other critters so I need good advice from the experts and truly appreciate the advice.
    I think I will end up with a FO / FOWLR hybrid with macro algae. Not a true FO setup, but not quite a FOWLR either. Let's hope I don't forge a path to disaster.

0 Not allowed!
    Haha we will be waiting either way, for expience or a laugh.

0 Not allowed!
    If you focus on the basics and do that well, you won't fail. Regardless of the type of set-up ( FO, FOWLR, reef..... and the list goes on), it's all about the basics.

I like were you are going with a FO/FOWLR set-up and using macro algae. That should work out to be a very nice and stable set-up. You will be amazed at how well most marco algaes will help to improve and maintain great water quality
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my "rock" star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquariumlover10 View Post
    Yea rocks, pics?
    5.41 lbs of Florida lace rock:
    uploadfromtaptalk1409438781916.jpg

Handpicked by the crazy lady digging thru the big box of rocks and pulling out each one to line up on the self in order to get the ones she liked best.

0 Not allowed!
    Do you know what type of lace rock it is ?

The reason why I ask is that there is actually two different types of rock commonly referred to as "lace rock". One is a type of volcanic rock (referred to basalt if I remember correctly). The other is a type of limestone.

If the rock is basalt lace rock, then it's likely to work just fine as it will eventually become live rock. However, if it is a limestone based rock you are likely to have issues with your pH.

It can be a little risky using terrestrial rock instead of rock that was formed in the ocean, mostly due to the minerals that can be leaked out of rock like this which is not naturally found in the ocean
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Do you know what type of lace rock it is ?

The reason why I ask is that there is actually two different types of rock commonly referred to as "lace rock". One is a type of volcanic rock (referred to basalt if I remember correctly). The other is a type of limestone.

If the rock is basalt lace rock, then it's likely to work just fine as it will eventually become live rock. However, if it is a limestone based rock you are likely to have issues with your pH.

It can be a little risky using terrestrial rock instead of rock that was formed in the ocean, mostly due to the minerals that can be leaked out of rock like this which is not naturally found in the ocean
    I am going to guess that it's the kind that is safe for aquariums since I got it at lfs. But to be on the safe side, how can I tell the difference?

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great, I know a couple macro algae tanks on nanoreef.com I will post links in a couple minutes.

0 Not allowed!
    Ok here's pics of at 30g macro algae tank, with seahorse and pipefish.IMG_5918.jpgIMG_5915.jpg.
    If you're up for the challenge you could get a mandarin dragonet if you had a nice culture of copepods and brineshrimp.
    Last edited by aquariumlover10; 08-31-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast