· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    Smb whats the gallons per hour on the last two?
    I got pm from rob advising me what to get. I hope you aren't texting and driving!

0 Not allowed!
    Haha ok sounds good.

0 Not allowed!
    Whew! Ended up with the powerhead / circulation pump, new book and a new net for less than $18.00 out of my pocketbook! uploadfromtaptalk1409422465163.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds good, that's a good book, I've read parts of it before.

0 Not allowed!
    The amount of flow you need really depends on what you have in your tank

A FO system requires minimal flow, not much different than in FW actually. A FOWLR set-will require a lot more flow. The flow requirements of a Reef set-up will depend completely on the types of corals you keep.

With the two maxijet 900 powerheads used in powerhead mode will give you 460 GPH of flow in your 29 gallon tank, which is about 15X flow not including the flow created by the filter you choose (assuming this still is a FO set-up). That is higher flow levels which is not too bad if you ever want to up-grade to FOWLR or maybe even a softie dominant reef tank
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Cliff. They only had one of each so I got the 900. I will keep an eye out for another one on clearance or a good sale. :)

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry, I miss-understood

One will be fine for your planned set-up. However, if you find a good deal, get another one. You'll have a lot more options later on for sure
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 
    Good eye! - j250nyahweh Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady 
    Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmebutterfly View Post
    Thank you, Cliff. They only had one of each so I got the 900. I will keep an eye out for another one on clearance or a good sale. :)
    No text and driving but hard to text and try to forget some things i have seen today. Good job on pump. And found out right next to comic. Con a gun show in the next hall i be back later more fun stuff to see.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    No text and driving but hard to text and try to forget some things i have seen today. Good job on pump. And found out right next to comic. Con a gun show in the next hall i be back later more fun stuff to see.
    you are awesome. have fun!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I'm sorry, I miss-understood

One will be fine for your planned set-up. However, if you find a good deal, get another one. You'll have a lot more options later on for sure
    Not a problem and I was rather excited while trying to type. lol
    I am all about the bargain shopping. And I have collected 2 lbs of dead/dry rock so far today as I found some small pieces that I liked the look of, so who knows what I'll end up. :D

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast