· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

2 Not allowed!
    Gorgeous guy and I think he knows it!
    DM's 20g high - journal

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the info.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you to everyone for the compliments on my GBR! And you're welcome to everyone who thanked me for the info on the hormone injecting and inbreeding. I just wanted to add that if you ever have issues with a GBR it is most likely from hormones and/or inbreeding. Every single issue people have reported with GBRs, random dying, aggression, deformities, adult coloration in immature fish, is caused by hormone injection and/or inbreeding. I have not had a single issue with my GBR and despite what people say he is NOT a fragile fish. He's incredibly hardy and even seems content and happy when I haven't done a water change in 2 weeks. He's a very peaceful fish and has grown and matured naturally and beautifully.

If any of you ever decide to purchase a GBR I suggest you check out www.germanbluerams.com They're an amazing site and they won't let you down. They breed their own fish with large gene pools to prevent inbreeding, the do not use hormones, and their top priority is the proper development and growth of their fish.

Anyway I also wanted to add that I got a quote for my manzanita branches. It looks like its going to be about $90. I currently don't have that money at the moment but I'm hoping my parents will purchase the branches for me as I'm using the rest of the money I have to pay for college textbooks.
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

1 Not allowed!
    That is in fact the most beautiful GBR I have ever seen. Just incredible. You really should get a female for him. He'll make you some beautiful babies.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

1 Not allowed!
    I really want to. I'm still looking around. I'm hoping www.germanbluerams.com gets in some adult females, I'd definitely purchase from them again. If not I might check out The Wet Spot and see if they sell non-injected, non-inbred GBRs. If they don't then I may just end up getting some younger females from www.germanbluerams.com and simply grow them out for a couple months. I really prefer not to do that though.

EDIT: Good news, talked to my dad and he agreed that the price I got for my manzanita wood was really good. Looks like I'll be getting it later today! I'll be ordering two large pieces from www.manzanita-driftwood.com and I'll be getting a third piece free. The shipping is pretty pricey, around $40, but hopefully that means that they arrive quickly. Later today when I wake up more I'll also finish the work on the coconut caves I was making. Looks like this tank is being upgraded a lot sooner than I thought it would!
    Last edited by Gesp56; 08-27-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Just purchased my two pieces of manzanita from www.manzanita-driftwood.com. Hopefully they ship and arrive quickly. I'll let you guys know both when they're shipped and when they arrive. The manzanita I purchased is already processed so I shouldn't have to worry about water logging them. Now all I have to do is wait. Once they arrive I'll remove the old wood, add some more sand to the tank, clean the glass thoroughly, and add some more rocks and the coconut caves I've been working on. If the wood arrives soon I should hopefully have the tank rescaped within the month.

Here are pics of the two pieces I purchased.

IMG_4126_zpsb9f96369.jpg

IMG_4130_zpsad468a37.jpg

I also got this third branch free!

IMG_4002_zps4bd521f4.jpg
    Last edited by Gesp56; 08-28-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

1 Not allowed!
    Thats some good lookin wood. But will look even better in the tank.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355