· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Wash it before you put it in the sandbox too - the silica dust is very bad if inhaled. Same goes for play sand and other silica sands.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
    Wash it before you put it in the sandbox too - the silica dust is very bad if inhaled. Same goes for play sand and other silica sands.
    Thats good to know. He has asthma, so you probably just saved me a heart attack!
    Not much to say when you're high above the muckey-muck.

0 Not allowed!
    Granted the left over sand wouldn't be all that much, but its also a reminder to you to be mindful about breathing the dust when cleaning it.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

0 Not allowed!
    Granted the left over sand wouldn't be all that much, but its also a reminder to you to be mindful about breathing the dust when cleaning it.
    With a 50lb bag, shouldn't be much of a problem. I can't imagine putting more than a a few pounds for the bottom. Thinking about putting some Fluorite sand in with it, mixing the two up? Or would it be more beneficial to layer them?

0 Not allowed!
    I have no experience with those other substrates.

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

0 Not allowed!
    I have no experience with those other substrates.
    Kk. Thanks for your help on the sand!

Awards Showcase

Cheers to a fellow SE Texan! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 Sorry about your pup - SeaLady For your loss - steeler58 You need a Cory! - SeaLady 
    Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos 
    Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatTexanGuy View Post
    With a 50lb bag, shouldn't be much of a problem. I can't imagine putting more than a a few pounds for the bottom. Thinking about putting some Fluorite sand in with it, mixing the two up? Or would it be more beneficial to layer them?
    It is better to layer the two bottom layer Fluorite and top layer sand. If this is for your twenty one bag of fluorite will do and top off with half of the 50 lb bag. I think you would have one inch of Fluorite and two inches.of sand that way.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds good, cm12. I found a bigger bag of flourite online for cheaper (even with shipping!) than I can buy at my local LFS, so it'll be that extra 6 days for shipping, but hey, I'm a cheapskate xD lol