· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I like the natural look of the rock only. One thing that would improve it would be a background to hide the thermometer and tubes. With a black background, they would mostly blend in and the eye would not be drawn to them. Also, if you could mount your heater horizontally and lower in the tank behind the rock it would be completely hidden.

Very well done. Nice fish
    Thanks for the tips! I'm not a fan of stick on backgrounds as i find them kind of tacky, but i'm keeping an eye out for a decent 3-D background. I think that would be interesting, if within my budget.

There are 10 total, they are kind of camera shy. lol.

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Even just a solid black background? Huh...

I mean no offense, I always thought they looked a touch professional, but to each is own. If you don't like it, hey, don't get it. :)
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    I would go with a background or simply paint the back black or blue depending on what you like. Also, alge is good since mbunas in the wild graze off of alge on the rocks all day. I keep a couple of rocks in a shallow container with high light to grow alge and replace them with others in the tank periodically.
    Using Tapatalk

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Go with some T5 lights if you want it brighter and more colorful. I personally like the mix of blue plus and coral plus bulbs by ATI. I have a maintenance business and use the old bulbs from reef systems for cichlid tanks. The spectrum of those bulbs helps the colors pop, but unnaturally so to the point where some people don't like it. The intensity of color looks more like marine fish. The other ATI bulbs are great too, just get a few and try it out. I would get the fixture from a grow shop rather than an aquarium shop. I get 2 bulb 48 inch hanging fixtures with bulbs for $50. Use the 10k and 10k plus UV ( called finishing bulbs) for other tanks or mix with the blue plus for a 20k look. HTG Supply is who I get the fixtures through and have great luck with them.