· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Substrate funnel

0 Not allowed!
    Saw a home improvement show today where they needed to pour concrete in area way away from truck access. They used a series of shuts to get concrete to pour site. Got me to thinking about putting substrate exactly where you want or need it like after re-scaping. Just had to do that today after moving hardscape from one tank into another. Thought if can use a shut to funnel concrete where you need it why not funnel substrate. Took large plastic tube, placed wide mouth funnel on end, place tube where you want it in tank, pour substrate into funnel. Greatly reduces amount of substrate "dust" from clouding water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

0 Not allowed!
    Use a bottle. There's a YouTube video demonstrating this as a method of "cleaning" the sand. They use a 20 oz bottle....as if 20 ounces of water is enough to clean the sand. Just because it doesn't cloud the water doesn't mean it's clean. I would definitely put pre cleaned sand into a bottle if I had to do precision work. But to use that as a method of cleaning the sand isn't smart, IMO. But then we all have different standards. Me? I clean my substrates so that there is NO dust and no clouding, even when I stir up the sand.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    good idea. When just adding a little more substrate to certain areas it's hard to get in those hard to reach spots..ie corners covered by plants, under rocks or recover exposed plant roots.

I don't think way Way described was meant to use it as a cleaner, but to spot scape the areas that might get messed-up during maintenance...I've had to use the handle end of my long net (or something similarly long) to push sand or gravel back in place.

0 Not allowed!
    I know he didn't mean as a method of cleaning the sand - I said that because I referenced a video in which they claim that it cleans the sand and in my experience it does not. At least not to my level of satisfaction. The video demonstrates how it works. One could cut off the base of a bottle and use that to scoop sand from one place and deposit it somewhere else.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I would have to fashion something onto a long lead to be able to use a scoop I'm already on my tiptoes and up to my arm pit if I try to reach the bottom.

I have pictured in my head something like those kid's pincher things that look like sharks or dinosaurs or something lol.
    the perfect sand mover...I can see the fish going nuts now.
    68557a.jpg

2 Not allowed!
    that reminds me of these garbage picker-upper things (anyone know a proper name?)
    maybe with some slight modification?

7. Default

1 Not allowed!
    LOL, your fish would all die from heart attacks being chased by Jaws, I do need to get one of those extension grabber things for plant and hard scape placement in the 140, thought I was gonna end up in the tank when i placed the drift wood, a real long reach standing on top step of step stool

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Actually called handicap grabbers, can find them on amazon and target carries them, have good strong grip, would work well i bet for rock and such, i am gonna get one, or a life jacket lol