· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Seriously, get the API Master Freshwater test kit. This kit has liquids you mix with tank water in test tubes. Test strips do not test for ammonia and you are going need that for going through the cycling process properly.
    I sure will.... I have not set up the 37 at all yet. Waiting for money *lol* and to get a good solid plan together, I just got this to test the existing water in the 20Gal.... I sure will be getting the big test kit when I set this new tank up.
    20Gal Freshwater Community ~ 5 Neon Tetras, 5 Red Minor Tetras, 3 Black Skirt Tetras, and 1 Albino Cory
    1 Empty 37Gal and 2 Empty 10Gals :(

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Real good article to act as primer to water parameters, what they and how to adjust if needed at this link, www.chelonia.org, then just select water chemistry. GH of 30 ppm = very soft water, KH = the buffering capacity of
    of your water, and determines how stable you pH is.

1 Not allowed!
    Hey All!

Update: I was able to get the API Test Kit to check the water parameters in my existing 20Gal.... Everything checked good!

pH: 6.4 -6.6
    Ammonia: 0ppm
    Nitrite: 0ppm
    Nitrate: In between the colors of 20-40ppm

I also checked the pH of my tap water *came in very close to the 6.6 color* and was able to get a Versa-top for the 37Gal... Next I shall work on lights, then decide plants, let it cycle then come back for stocking ideas... So excited :)
    20Gal Freshwater Community ~ 5 Neon Tetras, 5 Red Minor Tetras, 3 Black Skirt Tetras, and 1 Albino Cory
    1 Empty 37Gal and 2 Empty 10Gals :(

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro702 View Post
    Hey All!

Update: I was able to get the API Test Kit to check the water parameters in my existing 20Gal.... Everything checked good!

pH: 6.4 -6.6
    Ammonia: 0ppm
    Nitrite: 0ppm
    Nitrate: In between the colors of 20-40ppm

I also checked the pH of my tap water *came in very close to the 6.6 color* and was able to get a Versa-top for the 37Gal... Next I shall work on lights, then decide plants, let it cycle then come back for stocking ideas... So excited :)
    Good for you :)
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

come on in and sit a spell...welcome - SeaLady Thanks for the thumbs! - Slaphppy7 just because - cm12setx for surrving dinner with in laws - cm12setx doing a great build on your tanks! - SeaLady 
    Heres to new fish!!!! Yay - SeaLady Congrats on the new fish! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for all the thumbs up! - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    For being my "rock" star, LOL! - Slaphppy7 you have come to the dark side:) mah haha - aquariumlover10 for cycling your tank - cm12setx For almost completing the cycle of 2nd tank - afro123 Congrats on the cycled tank! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF. - cm12setx Thanks. - mommy1 TGIF indeed! - RiversGirl TGIF! Have a drinkie drink! - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the cycle!