· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

1. Default Hello

0 Not allowed!
    Hello,

I have been looking for a good freshwater forum, and it seems like I found it! I have had multiple tanks and have worked my way up from a 10 gallon to my current 55 gallon tank. My current tank has gone through a little bump and so it is missing its mid-level fish right now. This is what I currently have in it:
    3-Dojo loaches (my squigles)
    7-Juli cory (1"-1.5")
    2-giant green corys (3"-3.5")
    1-giant pepper cory (3")
    1-adult albino bristlenose pleco (5")
    1-adult clown pleco (2")
    1-juvi rubberlip/bulldog pleco (1.5")
    1-juvi green phantom pleco (2")
    5- nerite snails very small right now
    TOO MANY- Malaysian trumpet snails

I have a planted tank with a large tiger lotus, multiple Anubis from petite nana, nana, coffeefolia, frazeri, spiralis, 2 small ocelot swords, a red "lili", and a bunch or driftwood.

I also recently (as of day 3 today) set up a paintball CO2 system and added an Eheim 2217 filter to my Filstar XP3 and XP setup, and will be removing the smaller Rena Filstar XP once the Eheim gets its bacterial load set up, in a couple weeks.

I am also in the process of building a background for my tank with cliffs and little planters for my Anubias to sit in, and hopefully will install it in the very near future.

Don't have a picture right now, but will upload when I can.

0 Not allowed!
    Hi and welcome to AC. We are happy to have you here!
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Hello and welcome to the forum! Sounds like a fun tank you have there! Can't wait to see some pictures. :)
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    opps I forgot I also have 3 Bamboo shrimp (recent addition) in the 55 gallon and I also have a Fluval 4 gallon square tank with an Azoo filter, and Fluval SpecV-5 gallon tank with a betta male, 2 bamboo shrimp, and a mystery snail in one and a betta and a nerite snail in the other, both are planted tanks as well with add on LED lights-did not like the Fluval light setups on either tank.

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - Taurus TGIF! - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Yes! TGIF - Compass TGIF Back at brother. ;-) - Taurus 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the forum :)
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For its medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to AC, and yes you have found the right place. Sound like my kind of person, a DIY, awaiting pics

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Welcome, Glad to see another person joining the obsession that never ends :)
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

0 Not allowed!
    welcome to the ac, cant wait for pics, some clown loaches would take care of your snails.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I thought of clown loaches, but they get too big and you need more than 1 to keep them happy