· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you M!

Luckily I seem to have done something right.....I have been using a EHEIM Everyday Fish Feeder for the past week to prepare for my vacation and it works great

Now....I also have a UV Sterilizer AA Aquarium 3 Watt Mini Green Killing Machine Internal UV Sterilizer-AAUV3W arriving today, but I figure do not go there until all is good again!
    Last edited by Gouramigirl; 08-18-2014 at 05:34 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    The one main thing I can think of is that the sterilizer may render any medications you have in the water ineffective.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by madagascariensis View Post
    The one main thing I can think of is that the sterilizer may render any medications you have in the water ineffective.
    Yes not going to use it until I return from vacation and know for sure my tank is healthy again......unless someone thinks it will help once the meds are done.

My thought now is to wait until Wednesday morning and reassess. If still no sign of Ich then, it will have been 5 days since I last saw evidence of it in my tank and I will have treated it the whole time and should have caught it with the meds when it was vulnerable. I really feel like the Ich treatment is tough on my fish and 3 doses may be their limit if they are going to survive. I will keep the temp at 82, which is the acceptable range for my fish types and I could do a 50% WC on Weds after the meds have had there full window of effectiveness and replenish the salt at the standard dose for my tank.

What do you think of this, if everything stays the same on water quality and diminished fish activity.....

I am just a bit unclear on whether it's wise to put in more Ich meds or just keep the temp raised and the salt level where it should be....

Awards Showcase

For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 
    6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus good job on the yappin! Thanks! - SeaLady Thanks for the rep ;) - steeler58 For the YapMeister - Compass 
    Another milestone! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl For passing another memeber ;-) - steeler58 Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Wish I could help, I've been blessed and never had to deal with the dreaded ich beast...

But you are asking alot of great questions, thanks for the info you are getting and sharing with us
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouramigirl View Post
    My thought now is to wait until Wednesday morning and reassess. If still no sign of Ich then, it will have been 5 days since I last saw evidence of it in my tank and I will have treated it the whole time and should have caught it with the meds when it was vulnerable. I really feel like the Ich treatment is tough on my fish and 3 doses may be their limit if they are going to survive. I will keep the temp at 82, which is the acceptable range for my fish types and I could do a 50% WC on Weds after the meds have had there full window of effectiveness and replenish the salt at the standard dose for my tank.

What do you think of this, if everything stays the same on water quality and diminished fish activity.....

I am just a bit unclear on whether it's wise to put in more Ich meds or just keep the temp raised and the salt level where it should be....
    I would still appreciate help on this question thank you...........fish are no worse and water quality is holding fine.