· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pleco Question?

1. Default Pleco Question?

0 Not allowed!
    So I'm holding a 2 inch or so pleco for a friend until he gets payed in 2 weeks so that he can fix his tank (it leaked, he's either gunna re-seal or buy another).

I don't particularly like pleco's, nor do I really know anything about them. But my question is thus:

The pleco sits upside down on the bottom of my HOB and doesn't move for the majority of the day. Now, he may move at night while I'm asleep or while I'm not looking, but 95% of the time when I look over he's in 'his spot'. Is this a sign that he may be heading for dark days? Or is this just normal pleco behavior?

Any suggestions would be helpful and very appreciated!
    Not much to say when you're high above the muckey-muck.

Default Pleco Question?

0 Not allowed!
    That's pretty normal pleco behavior.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos 
    Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl 
    love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like mine. He found his spot and likes it. And most are nocturnal so more night time activity when we sleep.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    Sounds like mine. He found his spot and likes it. And most are nocturnal so more night time activity when we sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
    That's pretty normal pleco behavior.
    Ah. Excellent lol. Thanks y'all. Was getting a little worried about the little fella lol

0 Not allowed!
    There's several hunderd species of "pleco" exported at one time or another. Most of those exhibit this behaviour. Don't worry too much, just feed it a piece of vegetable (zucchini or sweet potatoe work well) before lights out. If you got it put in a piece of clay or plastic pipe for it to shelter in. If it does go for it it will also be easier for you to catch it and return it to your friend.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cool, ill def give that a try when i get home! Thanks guys

Awards Showcase

TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie 
    TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue 
    Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 Merry Christmas - steeler58 
    Merry Christmas buddy - fishmommie Merry Xmas To You! - Sandz Merry Christmas - DougStanley TGIT (Thank God it is Thursday) - afro123 You're A Great Asset To AC - metweezer 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    They like zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower, broccoli, even watermelon....canned green beans...fresh spinach

Mine likes the zucchini slightly cooked (in a little water, microwave for a minute)...the rest raw....you can leave in the tank for a day or so, but the cauli and brocc will stink up the water fairly quick
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, unlike my fishy friend, I dont eat vegetables haha. He'll get a veggie snack tmrw when I get a chance to run to the store after work lol. I did however bury a piece of pvc halfway in the gravel with plenty of room for him to move in. We'll see if he switches spots lol.

9. Default

2 Not allowed!
    The fact that you don't like plecos but are taking the time and effort to give thoughtful care to its health in your tank, speaks volumes.

0 Not allowed!
    Wait and see. Texan will start to like them pretty soon. Just hope he'll for a bristlenose for his own tank.