· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 20 gallon long

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks, how mich should I get because I'll be broke for a month or two after I set it up? How should I store and mix my sw?
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Try this one:

http://www.marinedepot.com/Red_Sea_R...BUT5HO-vi.html

The difference between 14 and 15K is not going to be very significant.
    My hood is 30" it only has 26" and 34" are closest.
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Most folks keep a container with a powerhead running in it for mixed saltwater. Having a smaller tank, I used a 5 gallon bucket with a nano powerhead in it. I would do a water change, mix the next batch of saltwater, and leave it sit with the powerhead running for the week until the next change. Then I would run my RO/DI filter into a 5 gal water cooler jug to have water for the next batch. You need to have some on hand in case of unforeseen tank problems.
    20gal long planted community

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks, I will get 3 powerheas then, ah so much money so much.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    well, it doesn't have to be a powerhead, the water just needs to be agitated enough to keep the salt mixed. The only reason I used a powerhead, is because the powercord on one of mine was damaged, so I couldn't use it in the tank for fear of trickle charge. So I wrapped the cord with electrical tape and used it for mixing salt.
    For a small amount, an air stone w/pump might create enough flow. Good salt doesn't settle out that easily, but you don't want any powder to make it into your tank, either.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks, so with the salt I'm getting can I use a air stone?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    No way to know until you mix. It depends on what you're mixing at, plus I've never used the salt you've decided on.
    Mix up a batch, let it sit for a few days with whatever agitator you are using, see if there's any powder on the bottom. You'll have time to experiment as the first batch of water while you are cycling doesn't really matter, as you won't have any stock in the tank.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok thanks, hopefully I can make enough money to get everything before I move.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112