· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Guess I'll say Hi! :)

0 Not allowed!
    Just wanted to drop in an introduce myself. Just another Texan getting into this great hobby. Been reading here for weeks, but didn't wanna post till my tank was ready haha. I've really loved fish an everything to do with them since I was tall enough to see into the 225g my grandmother maintained in her younger years haha .

Well, my tank is pretty much outlined in my sig. Feel free to make any comments about it you'd like, always would appreciate the suggestions. And, yes, I realize that male bettas are SUPPOSED to not work in community tanks. But, my Ember really doesn't pay one bit of attention to the other fish except to move them out of his way when he wants to ride the bubbles to the top haha.

Excuse how lightly planted it is, just put the wisteria in day before yesterday, plan on putting MUCH more plants in soon (Not to mention I've only been doing the whole aquarium thing for about 2 months lol). As for the big floating plants, I'm not 100 percent sure what they are. All I know about them is a LFS in my area has been growing them in his freshwater tanks since my grandmother used to buy from him (so atleast 15 years) and he gave me a few strands to toss in for some free floating plants lol.
    A pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not much to say when you're high above the muckey-muck.

0 Not allowed!
    Hi and welcome. Hope to see you around a lot.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Hi and welcome. Hope to see you around a lot.
    Thank you! I plan on being a permanent addition haha
    Not much to say when you're high above the muckey-muck.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    HI, and welcome to the AC

First of let me tell you the plant in your tank is a money plant. And it should not be submerged in water it will eventually die and rot and give both you and your tank a lot of problems.
    I would take it out immediately if not sooner.
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome aboard. I believe afro123 is right about the plant in some respects. It really looks like whats called the money plant, but probable will survive in the tank but is listed as toxic to animals and people if consumed, not that you plan on eating it I'm sure,

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For its medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wayhilc View Post
    Welcome aboard. I believe afro123 is right about the plant in some respects. It really looks like whats called the money plant, but probable will survive in the tank but is listed as toxic to animals and people if consumed, not that you plan on eating it I'm sure,
    sorry wayhilc but this kind of plant should only have its roots submerged and like I said the leaves should not be submerged
    http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...t.php?sid=4741
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

1 Not allowed!
    to AC! Glad to read you've moved from viewing to posting.

funny, I was going to say, no, that's not a money plant, it looks like a devils ivy...lol turns out they are the same thing. It's not an aquatic plant, but I think its kinda hard to argue with 15 years of use. Same as any plant - you remove what shows signs of decay.
    20gal long planted community

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 
    Good eye! - j250nyahweh Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady 
    Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to AC, from a fellow Texan.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

1 Not allowed!
    The plant looks like a pothos to me. I keep them as houseplants, potted in soil. But they can also grow with their roots in just water and I'll have cuttings like that for long periods of time. I don't think it will last completely submerged, though.

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/hous...plant-care.htm