· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Even though they have the blue specs inside the black circle? If that's the case I have 3 males and 1 female lol

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    look in my jounrnal post 219 and 260 and 567 for male.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

0 Not allowed!
    I think best way is the pink/red belly on the females.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm still confused on these guys.

1 has the longer dorsal fin, big black spot, blue specs around it, but a very pink belly.

The other 3 don't have a pink belly, no high dorsal fins, small black spots with blue specs inside.

I'm planning on buying a ram or 2 this weekend at a good lfs. What do you suggest I buy?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So I got a for sure male. Put him with my 3 females in the 55. A few hours passed and my I guess dominant female and him were already paired up, chasing other fish off together, and cleaning their rock really good. I moved them together to my 20g.

Since then nothing like that has happened. Should I add a female to the 20 from the 55 to get them back interested or just give them time? My female changed all kinds of colors when she saw that guy. It was very interesting!

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Give them time. And congrats on a pair. Was this to day. If so they will need a little time to adj to the new tank.
    Fishes go "pook pook"

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This happened Saturday actually. I only have the pair in the tank now. I love the male. He's huge! They had some beautiful gold rams as well. I'm gonna get a male and see if they will spawn in my 55 as well

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Love to see pic of him. Mine will change color when they get ready to spwan. Fun to seethe differance in them.
    Fishes go "pook pook"

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Here's the best photo I could get of them uploadfromtaptalk1409011529179.jpg

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    When my male first saw the new female, boy he struted around like a peacock. All his fins out. On the bottom of him the front fins when extended look like a backwards L. They go down a bout a 1/2" and then two little feelers go back about a 1/2" . The males looks good when all puffed up. Like look at me i m a man!

The male looks good as does the female. With a littel time the colors will be brighter. Also frozen blood worms after a wc with water colder then your tank will stimulate the spwaning cycle. In a 20 gal wc 8 gallons. And if tank temp is 80 about 72 for wc water temp.
    Fishes go "pook pook"