· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Cool deal, you're gonna like the big bamboo!...mine have been hiding lately (moulting), but they were out yesterday...they're a good 3 1/2 inches long now....almost grilling size, LOL
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    I may have missed this but I wouldn't recommend a thing until you say what else is in the tank and what your water type is (hardness and pH). Did I see you have a red tailed shark? I wouldn't put shrimp or otos with one of those.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Hardness and pH both medium/neutral. I am blessed with remarkably boring tap water. I do have a red-tail, but he is not particularly predatory...it's a risk I'm willing to take. We'll see. The bamboo shrimp should be fine, though.

Slap, a couple of the snails managed to get themselves stuck in the filter intake and appear not to be doing well. So I might be in the market for some mystery snails, after all! Let's talk when it cools off a bit.

Tom
    My computer beat me at chess, but it proved no match for me at kickboxing.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    What filter intakes, and what pre-filters do you have on them?...sponges?...anything?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have an AC 110 with the standard intake. Need to put a sponge or other prefilter on it before the shrimp get here. Never had troubles with snails, but had two of them get stuck in one day. Not sure what to use that would be safe.

Mrs. Badger does not have any nylons she doesn't need. Anything else I can use that will be available at the local hardware store?

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Any extra filter sponge laying around?...you can cut a block to fit the whole intake end, put an "X" hole down the middle of it with a filet knife, and stretch it onto the intake

Nylons work, but for about 1/2 a day before they become clogged to the point of choking the filter

When you're ready, buy some SS mesh pre-filters from this guy, they're awesome: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=116432

7. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Might just have to cut a chunk out of my existing filter sponge, unless I can improvise something else. Thanks for the tips.

T

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    No problem...you can pretty much use any clean sponge, provided it is "open cell", so that the water can pass completely through it

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's what I figured.

Hey, what does one feed amanos, anyway? I know they'll graze on the algae; will they get the rest of what they need from sinking fishfood, or do they need special food? I've read that bamboo shrimp will just feed off bits of stuff--including fish food--that they filter from the water.

www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    All shrimp are scavengers...they'll graze on whatever they can find...I wouldn't buy anything special for them except maybe some algae wafers, if your tank is pretty algae-free....bamboos filter feed off of whatever's in the water column