· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wait a minute.......What?!!!
    I can get new water in my house easily but i always catch water and leave it for a day before changing it. Is it wrong to do so?
    Also since it is mid summer in Dubai and temperatures go in the 50's at times(Yes guys i mean celsius) the water from the tap is hot 95% of the time i think the catching water part is needed.
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm super dense. By catching water you mean you get water from your tap and just leave it in your bucket for a day? As long as you use a water conditioner to get rid of any chlorine and chloramine you are good to go. I understand leaving it out to let the water get cool.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I'm super dense. By catching water you mean you get water from your tap and just leave it in your bucket for a day? As long as you use a water conditioner to get rid of any chlorine and chloramine you are good to go. I understand leaving it out to let the water get cool.
    Yes, I leave it in the bucket for a day, and I do use water conditioner
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by afro123 View Post
    Yes, I leave it in the bucket for a day, and I do use water conditioner
    Ok, we are on the same page. "Catching water" is just not a term used often in my neck of the woods. LOL Then you are good to go. Since it is difficult to get fresh water right away then yes you can save as much of your old water as you want in buckets (try to get a lid if you can).
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3 Not allowed!
    Yes lids are essential for moving buckets of water....
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Really?? if anyone was wondering this is the container i will use to transport some of my water
    28951_001_T2FzaXMgQm90dGxlcw==-shr.jpg
    It is the biggest one capacity 7 gallons

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, now everyone is on the same page, and I think we all fully understand your plan now. Best of luck with your tank change out, and take care in that heat.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I still don't understand the purpose of your concern.

You seem like a thoughtful person who has given much consideration to moving your aquarium.

And I still don't understand how I can help....
    Last edited by Baxter; 08-15-2014 at 05:16 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by afro123 View Post
    Really?? if anyone was wondering this is the container i will use to transport some of my water
    28951_001_T2FzaXMgQm90dGxlcw==-shr.jpg
    It is the biggest one capacity 7 gallons
    Yes really. Those aren't buckets. Should you ever attempt to transport buckets of water, make sure you have lids.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well a lot changed from the original plan.
    My parents thought it would be very confusing moving the furniture and assembling the tank so we moved the tank today morning(HOORAY!!!)

So it started like this-
    first we had to take out some of the water which was quite easy. Then again I had to take out the decor, clean it and put in a bucket. Then the next step was to take out the gravel which took some time because i had to be careful not to scratch the glass.
    Then came the fish.......... We thought it would be better to take out the danios first(but damn those things are super fast) so I ended up using a plastic mug and spent about half an hour trying to catch those fishes in the midst of which there were tons of screaming matches because one of my parents toppled the cover carrying gravel and my mom was pissed of because she ended up cleaning the mess while me and dad were still trying to catch the fish( Happy Little Family :P)
    Then came catching the gourami which was a task by itself because the thing is faster than the danios (around that time i also manged to remove all the moss and kept in a small 3 gallon [most of the moss I sold so there was not much.(Thank God :D) ]
    So finally We reached home and set up the tank(no issues there)

Now to those who are wondering why I wrote this whole story............................YOLO :P

I shall upload pics of the tank in the evening