· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default dog agility course

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so my dog is getting bigger and he's a hearding dog so he's always hyper and nippy and stuff so we have to make a agility course because my backyard is too small to run around in, so we have a tunnel and were going to make a pole jump and a ramp thing any other ideas? Needs to be cheapish.
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

0 Not allowed!
    Do you take him to obedience classes? Is he food orientated? This will make training easier. Clicker training is really useful and makes the reward indicators straightforward - I find dogs learn quicker with clicker training than with voice/food rewards on their own.

Whatever you build make sure the dog can't be injured in any way on snagging nails or slippery surfaces. Make sure the pole falls if it is hit (you don't want a fixed obstacle in case the dog mistimes a jump and gets hurt).

If you have some lightweight posts or canes you can teach the dog to weave. It's not tricky at all if you know how to set them up for beginners.

How old is the dog? You shouldn't be doing agility training before they are at least one year old for a collie-type. They need to have done most of their growing first or the strain is too much. Before that you can work on obedience which is essential if you're interested in agility training.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He's 5 months, its only because we have a small yard and they need 2-3 hours of work aday so we are trying a course just to burn energy.
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh and we were going to make a weeve course too.

1 Not allowed!
    If you want complete agility training with your dog, it will go a lot better if you complete a basic obedience class with her

She will be able to catch on to what you want of her a lot faster which will make the whole expedience a lot more exiting and satisfying for her.

As firefly had already pointed out, taking her to obedience training will help you learn more about your dog, like if she is food driven, play driven, or prase driven which you will need to know in order get her to focus. Not all types of training are suitable for all dogs. I had to go through 8 different obedience classes with 5 different dogs in the past 11 years to learn that lesson the hard way !!! If you find a good trainer, you can ask them about the different types of motivators and see what your dog response to the best.

Once you figure that out, you will be amazed at what your dog can do and how smart she really is.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    She is a he just sayin, and we don't have money to take her to a obiedience class my parents said get him to calm down or he's out so yeah I have $3 so again NO CLASSES

1 Not allowed!
    PVC can be used to make jumps and weave courses.

Another and free option to run your dog down is to teach him to run alongside a bike...most families have a bicycle and it would be an awesome way to really tire him down especially since you have a small yard.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah we have some pvc but I have to ask my dad if I can use it, we can't lt him off a lease or he heard random people and barks and nips to heard them.

0 Not allowed!
    You dont have the dog off leash...you simply hold to his leash while you ride the bike. Humans do not have the stamina or speed to keep up with a dog on foot but on a bike you can allow him to run flat out for miles which will easily tire him. Also if he barks and nips people you really need some training...even herding breeds should have manners.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah but I can out run him for a minute or two, yeah but he's 5 months old and its normal for hearding dogs to go after people and stuff to heard them.