· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Talking GuppyAteMyDog's 7.5 gallon office tank journal

0 Not allowed!
    sup AC ppl ?
    i got a 1ft cube al ready to go lighting , a 23watt cfl, and substrate in order , will be using dirt with a sand cap and a co2 ladder diffuser with diy sugar yeast reactor
    the tank is located at my office on my desk pics to follow soon , what i need is suggestions as to plants that do well in these small setups , i was gonna just do java fern and anubias but i said hey i might as well have something to do when i get to the office LOL so i'm going in the moderately planted direction with either a betta or shrimp
    plants i have on hand , hygro difformis corymbosa & august, bacopa monneri , l repens, stugurene repens , s lil bit of downoi , Alternanthera Reineckii Cardinalis , hc hm hg , hairgrass , glosso , microsword and the gereric vals etc

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Both java fern and anubias will do well in those . The crypts, vals (same thing?) Will also work and all your basic mosses (flame,peacock,java, etc)

And You are so lucky to have a tank In your office
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I'd be very tempted to put the L. Repens as a wall at the back of tank, a piece of Angustifolia (if it's one you have) on either side of that wall and some of those microswords in the midground/foreground.

This way you could hide the diffuser behind the L. Repens wall.

Never considered a tank this size before so I have no idea if this would look decent
    My journal....Swimming in South Africa:
    http://http://www.aquaticcommunity.c...d.php?t=117848

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the suggestions , my grammar was off due to insomnia last night LOL , the current layout in my head is a microsword carpet ,a piece of drift with A.barteri up front and java fern on the back , hygro angustifolia in the back middle , ludwigia on the left back and bacopa on the right back wall , the bubbles on the ladder diffuser are easily obstructed by leaves so i wont try to hide it i'll have it out in the open and remove it when i wanna take pics ...
    and cherry shrimp for sure but not many cuz i'm not adding any sort of filtration to the tank , just the diffuser dunno if stagnation might result as problem if so i'll change over to a diy mini powerhead reactor

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Before I say anything, I must compliment your name! I've been a proud owner of both guppies and fish and just love your name for some reason! Anyway, I have a low light set up and can grow vals and crypts pretty well and all I do is root tabs and weekly flourish. With your substrate I don't know that you would have to do that though. Sounds nice so anticipating those pics soon!
    Planted 37 gallon, Low tech, with Cherry Barbs, Cardinal tetras, and red cherry shrimp.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You can use moss for carpeting too
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dirted capped and setup the co2 ladder today still didnt take pics of the tank yet
    plants for the office tank
    20140813_162043.jpg
    hairgrass and microsword for carpet hairgrass up front microsword in the midground bacopa and luwigia in the back corner , hygro angust in the middle and hm in the other corner up tp the mid

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Healthy plants :)
    Decided on the stocking??