· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Talking GuppyAteMyDog's 7.5 gallon office tank journal

0 Not allowed!
    sup AC ppl ?
    i got a 1ft cube al ready to go lighting , a 23watt cfl, and substrate in order , will be using dirt with a sand cap and a co2 ladder diffuser with diy sugar yeast reactor
    the tank is located at my office on my desk pics to follow soon , what i need is suggestions as to plants that do well in these small setups , i was gonna just do java fern and anubias but i said hey i might as well have something to do when i get to the office LOL so i'm going in the moderately planted direction with either a betta or shrimp
    plants i have on hand , hygro difformis corymbosa & august, bacopa monneri , l repens, stugurene repens , s lil bit of downoi , Alternanthera Reineckii Cardinalis , hc hm hg , hairgrass , glosso , microsword and the gereric vals etc

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Both java fern and anubias will do well in those . The crypts, vals (same thing?) Will also work and all your basic mosses (flame,peacock,java, etc)

And You are so lucky to have a tank In your office
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

3. Default

1 Not allowed!
    I'd be very tempted to put the L. Repens as a wall at the back of tank, a piece of Angustifolia (if it's one you have) on either side of that wall and some of those microswords in the midground/foreground.

This way you could hide the diffuser behind the L. Repens wall.

Never considered a tank this size before so I have no idea if this would look decent
    Learning as I go... and thanking everyone on this forum for their help, advice and patience!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the suggestions , my grammar was off due to insomnia last night LOL , the current layout in my head is a microsword carpet ,a piece of drift with A.barteri up front and java fern on the back , hygro angustifolia in the back middle , ludwigia on the left back and bacopa on the right back wall , the bubbles on the ladder diffuser are easily obstructed by leaves so i wont try to hide it i'll have it out in the open and remove it when i wanna take pics ...
    and cherry shrimp for sure but not many cuz i'm not adding any sort of filtration to the tank , just the diffuser dunno if stagnation might result as problem if so i'll change over to a diy mini powerhead reactor

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Before I say anything, I must compliment your name! I've been a proud owner of both guppies and fish and just love your name for some reason! Anyway, I have a low light set up and can grow vals and crypts pretty well and all I do is root tabs and weekly flourish. With your substrate I don't know that you would have to do that though. Sounds nice so anticipating those pics soon!
    I have more (and better) conversations with fish, dogs, and myself than I do with actual people.
    Myself, the fish, and the dogs all agree.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You can use moss for carpeting too
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    dirted capped and setup the co2 ladder today still didnt take pics of the tank yet
    plants for the office tank
    20140813_162043.jpg
    hairgrass and microsword for carpet hairgrass up front microsword in the midground bacopa and luwigia in the back corner , hygro angust in the middle and hm in the other corner up tp the mid

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Healthy plants :)
    Decided on the stocking??