· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Question Question About My African Dwarf Frog's Compatibility

0 Not allowed!
    So, this weekend I bought and african dwarf frog and 5 mollies for my 10 gallon tank. I am very new to aquarium owning and my 14 karats died after about a year, so I replaced them. The people at the pet store were not very knowledgeable about how to feed my ADF so I was very hesitant, but yesterday I put them in the tank. I had noticed that the frog seems to be afraid of the mollies and doesn't come up to the top to get air or food when they are lurking near where he is. I don't have time in my schedule to pick up live food for my frog so I got pellets, but I have encountered numerous problems. When I went to feed the frog, the fish ravenously attacked the pellets after I dropped them in (even though they have already been fed PLENTY). Since the frog is afraid of the fish, he doesn't go for the food and the fish eat it all. I have isolated him in a net and he ate one pellet, but he was constantly bothered by the fish, who poked the net to try to get his pellets. Poor froggie. Anyways, I need a solution to figure out how my ADF can eat undisturbed. Is there either a way to isolate him inside the tank or should I just give them time to get used to each other?

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    To be honest, mollies get pretty big. 5 in a ten gallon is really pushing it. Also there isn't going to be a time where they get used to each other. Fish are opportunistic eaters. Sure you just fed them, but they don't know if they will get fed ever again. So they will eat whatever you put in there. Hence the reason they go after the sinking pellets too. You could get a small piece of plexiglass you could use as a divider and stick it in there during feeding times. That way the mollies can't get to the food. However I think re-evaluating the stocking would be the best option.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.