· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Restock the 10 Gallon

0 Not allowed!
    With the 10 Gallon empty for less than 12 Hours, I'm getting antsy to put something else in it.
    The wife like the Galaxy Rasboras, as do I, but I'm still looking for some other ideas.

options that I have come up with are:
    Peacock Gudgeon
    Leopard Fish
    Panda Corys (I'd have to substrate but love these little guys too)
    Florida FLag
    Rummynose
    Rio Negro Dwarf Chiclid
    another Dwarf Gourami

I'd like to see your thoughts and ideas?
    Last edited by Fishhook; 08-10-2014 at 02:26 AM.
    29 Gal: 1 Blue Dwarf Gourami, 6 Brilliant Rasbora
    10 Gal: just sitting here empty looking lonely
    5.5 Gal Betta and Ivory Snail

55 Gal empty waiting to be set up.

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    The galaxy Rasboras, Gudgeons, corys, flagfish, and dwarf gourami would all do alright in a 10 gallon, I would reccomend species only if you keep the Gudgeons or Flagfish.

You could probably keep a school of galaxy Rasboras with a school of the panda corys.

Rummynose do best in a large school and I don't necessarily agree with the idea of a 10 gallon being suitable for a decent sized group unless they will eventually be moved.

Don't know much about the leopard fish, if you possible meant the leopard bushfish, those get way too large for a 10 gallon. I know absolutely nothing about the cichlids you mentioned.

As for ideas, the first thing like I've said before that always comes to my head when I hear a 10 gallon tank is ember tetras, just a generally simple and cool looking fish to keep. These are good tankmates for the sparkling gourami, which stays small enough for a 10 gallon as well.

As for an uncommon option, ruby tetras seem like a cool 10 gallon fish.
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/axelrodi-riesei/
    Definitely something I would keep if I had access to.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What about a crayfish tank or shrimp tank
    A true aquarist knows what it feels like to step on a sharp piece of gravel
    do as I say, not as I do- William
    Sandy hook, need lest we forget- steeler58
    I think if someone thinks clownfish are called nemos they should banned from keeping sw tank.

1 Not allowed!
    Crayfish need way more than 10 gallons, except for dwarf crays. CPOs and shrimp with some nano fish would be a nice tank.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Not really interested in crayfish, and they would get too big. Shrimp are always an option. I ddi see a crab at my LFS that would be cool, but it would every every fish it would get it's claws on.

I was thinking the Leopard Danio, but the 10 might be too small for group of them too.

The embers and sparking gourami sounds interesting.

How many Gudgeons or flagfish you think could feel comfortable in a 10?

0 Not allowed!
    Dwarf crays are shrimp size and fish friendly. In fact, the fish pose a larger threat to them than they to the fish.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pygmy cories could be neat, they're pretty cute and school all over.
    I watch fish. Really. I just sit and stare.

Hardscaped 29G: 14 Harlequin Rasbora, 3 Diamond Tetra, 1 Bolivian Ram, 6 Peppered Cory, 1 Mystery Snail

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhook View Post
    The embers and sparking gourami sounds interesting.

How many Gudgeons or flagfish you think could feel comfortable in a 10?
    You could keep either 4-6 Peacock Gudgeons(male+female pairs) or just one male+female pair of the flagfish as they do get decently sized. I reccomend to keep peacock Gudgeons more than the flagfish in a 10 gallon, just make sure to research them like you would with any fish.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Would you not be able to keep a decent amount of shrimp in the tank if it had some plants for them to feel comfortable. Real or fake. I don't know much about the fish being suggested so I don't know how well they'd do with shrimp. Out of curiosity, do you plan on a planted tank or fake plants possibly or some other theme?
    37g Freshwater 1 Angelfish, 8 Cherry Barbs, 6 Cardinals, 1 Bristlenose Pleco.
    Live Plants Java Fern, Anubias, Amazon Sword, Moneywort, and Bronze Wendtii. And soon to be Balansae crypts, and probably more crypts... Blame Compass!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've got some really good options and thanks for the info. This may or may not be a living room tank and think we would rather keep fish as the main occupants and a shrimp or two for company. Right now I'm leaning towards fake plants.