· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, thanks! Can I get Urethane at some place like Lowe's or Home Depot? Or is that going to be found at a LFS? Once I have the Urethane, will I still want to use the wood finish, or will the urethane be enough?

0 Not allowed!
    Urethane can be purchased at almost any hardware store. AT both Lowes and HomeDepot, you will find it in the same section as the paints. Try to get the oil based urethane as that will be a lot better product to use.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Some reef folks paint the inside of their tank stands and hoods with a paint called killz.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Recently had major mold issue after our house got almost 15 inches of water from storm, mold every where. Actually got inspection from FEMA, they recommended using household vinegar , the clear type for cleaning as opposed to bleach. We actually used bleach to open the grain of wood before finishing very hard woods to accept stain better, bleach will open up area for even more mold to take hold. Varnishes and stains will not really help the problem in the long run. I would use household vinegar, a lot, let it dry completely in sun. We use a Kitchen/Bath paint sold at places like Lowes it has a built in mold/mildew acide, is nontoxic, waterbased and seals wood really well. If yopu don't mind the underside being a color instead of woodgrain, I really think it will work, sure worked for us after flood, and we live on the edge of a Florida wetland, so our humidity is always super high, good luck.