· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Breeding Angels, help...

1 Not allowed!
    I've decided to make my hobby for fun and profit rather than just fun.
    I've decided after speaking to the purchaser for the local Big Al's chain to go with Dwarf Angels.
    I was thinking Discus or peppermint plecos but was advised that demand was up & down on them and a sure bet would be Dwarf or Marbled Angels as well as gold nugget plecos. I decided on Dwarves.
    As I don't need to make a lot of money I'm going to try and keep it simple and a small operation.
    I believe I will start with a few 90G tanks, Eheim canisters with inline heaters and low end (Aqueon modular) LED lighting if plants are not required.
    I'm already setup for water prep having added two more 55G plastic drums with power heads and heaters so I can get the parameters to the pH that is conducive to achieving fry.
    Of course I will be researching this over the next few months but any advice on what should be in tank, like, driftwood? caves? whatever, would help in your knowledgable estimation would be appreciated. I use the word knowledgable as I hope those that already do breed them successfully can give me some insights. 😀 many thanks in advance.

BTW, those that know me may be wondering why not Morays, sadly, the market just isn't there.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

0 Not allowed!
    When you say dwarf angels, what type of angel fish are your referring to, veil angels (Pterophyllum scalare) ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    When you say dwarf angels, what type of angel fish are your referring to, veil angels (Pterophyllum scalare) ?
    Pterophyllum is what I'm interested in. Like this little bugger:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407292614.812749.jpg

P. Altum and P. Leopoldi in particular. Should have mentioned that at the get go. 😕
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sounds like a great project. I am no help, however, as I've never intentionally set up a breeding environment.

How large do these angels get? very pretty.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 
    TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus 
    right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 
    Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie Have a Cory for passing 15,000 post's; WOW!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I am no help, however, as I've never intentionally set up a breeding environment.
    yeah, me neither

Welcome back, Cindy!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Pretty! Excited to see what you
    Come up with

Default Breeding Angels, help...

0 Not allowed!
    sounds like a great project. I am no help, however, as I've never intentionally set up a breeding environment.

How large do these angels get? very pretty.
    About the size of a 1/2 dollar (Kennedy coin) and my understanding is they're the right size for anyone with a tank 20G and up. Going to setup 2 x 90's with Leo type in one and Alt in the other. I don't foresee any issues in doing this and my way of thinking of it is what's 2 more tanks maintenance wise 😳
    10G Fresh (Beta)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sounds like fun.
    Now are you talking 2 inches body or with fins?

My single angel is full grown and a little smaller (body) than one of those kiwi shoe polish tins. Maybe 2 1/2 inches body only but around 6 from nose to end of tail and fin tip to fin tip. Pearl doesn't have the veil fins so she's not as large over all as those angels with the fancy fins.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    sounds like fun.
    Now are you talking 2 inches body or with fins?

My single angel is full grown and a little smaller (body) than one of those kiwi shoe polish tins. Maybe 2 1/2 inches body only but around 6 from nose to end of tail and fin tip to fin tip. Pearl doesn't have the veil fins so she's not as large over all as those angels with the fancy fins.
    Body size. I was thinking of doing the Marbled Angels, much larger and popular too, but I personally like the little ones....
    10G Fresh (Beta)