· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cable Guy?

Awards Showcase

TGIF! - Compass My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue 
    TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

Default Cable Guy?

0 Not allowed!
    Is anyone out there one, because I could use a little advice...

My daughter just got a new TV, so I would like to mount and use the old one she had out in the garage. We use Dish Network, we have 1 dual receiver that feeds our main TV and the new TV in her room.

If I can get this old TV hooked up to cable out in the garage, i would just use the tuning from the main TV.

A few years back, we had natural gas run out to the garage, while the trench was dug, I buried some cable along with it, so that's the easy part.

My question, in a nutshell, is can I hook up another cable to my set-up myself, or do i have to call Dish out to do it for me?...I'm not trying to get anything for "free" or whatever, if i need to call them out, I will.

Here's a pic of what is on the side of the house now...

cable.jpg

The 2 gray cables on the top left come from the dish...one of them "dead ends", the other leads down to a "Holland DPD2" thingy, and from there, those 2 cables run to the 2 TV's in the house

What's kind of weird is that "thingy" is labeled "In/Out" where the first gray cable comes in, the black cable leading out is labeled "SAT" and the gray one leading out is labeled "UHF/VHF"...but they both lead to our TV's , I THINK, both cables run under the house, so not positive about that.

What about that "dead-end" that is capped off with that blue plastic hood?...underneath is a male cable connector

Any help/advice greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 08-04-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2 Not allowed!
    I have directv not dish so I don't know how helpful this is, but I have 3 TVs in my apartment (living room and 2 bedrooms) and have to have a special swmm module to make it work. I remember asking some questions regarding what you are asking last time I moved when they set me up, and the impression I got was that it wouldn't work. But who knows if that's true or not. Not me at least :-)
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

TGIF! - Compass My first gift goes to you, hope you like the rummy nose :) - fish gazer Thanks so much. - metweezer here's to 14,000 posts :) - steeler58 For a Super-good idea! - Rue 
    TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF!! - steeler58 TGIF indeed - RiversGirl TGIF back at you! - Taurus 
    TGIF back to you! - wgoldfarb TGIF - Taurus right back at cha! - fishmommie TGIF back at you :) - steeler58 Happy B Day! - Taurus 
    Which leaves on to ask which came first the cake or the beer! - Taurus Happy B-day buddy! - steeler58 Happy 51st...and many more! - Rue Congrats on your cycle!! - RiversGirl thanks - fishmommie 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks jay...after Googling the question I read that there could be an "output" cable connection on the Dish receiver that I could run another cable/TV from, but there is no such connection on the back of the Dish receiver....naturally

2 Not allowed!
    so, are you paying for 2 cable boxes and want 3 tv's or just 2 tv's

If it is 2 tv's you can just call and report having trouble, then like 2 days before your appointment try just plugging it in yourself, if it works, cancel the appointment, if not when the guy gets out just say it wasn't working for some reason and let him trouble shoot - make up a reason that it got unhooked or something lol

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Hacksaw and electrical tape and you're good to go!
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    so, are you paying for 2 cable boxes and want 3 tv's or just 2 tv's

If it is 2 tv's you can just call and report having trouble, then like 2 days before your appointment try just plugging it in yourself, if it works, cancel the appointment, if not when the guy gets out just say it wasn't working for some reason and let him trouble shoot - make up a reason that it got unhooked or something lol
    We are paying for 1 receiver, but it is dual, which means we have can watch one program in the living room, while recording or watching another program in Lauren's room.

All I want to do is "mirror" what is on in the living room, and be able to watch it out in the garage (NFL network, mostly!)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    There's gotta be a way...I don't see how it would be "illegal" or anything to watch the exact same channel, at the same time, on 2 TV's

Default Cable Guy?

0 Not allowed!
    Are the TVs smart?

Back in the day we used a "rabbit" to mirror the image of the living room CRT to the kitchen CRT. Maybe that technology is still available, or has been improved upon.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 
    TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 
    Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF and it's good to see you back. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    There's gotta be a way...I don't see how it would be "illegal" or anything to watch the exact same channel, at the same time, on 2 TV's
    See my above post Matt. LOL I don't even have TV so probably not the best one to listen to.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.