· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Talking Stock plans any ideas

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 55 gallon with 1 sucker fish it's what my kids call him. But I want to get some nics and fire mouths do u guys think they would get a long? Or should I do nics and eartheaters. And how many do u think I can put in a 55 gallon. I was hopeing to get away with 4 to 8 I don't want to over crowed it thoe and I do have hard water so I think those fish would be ok with the water. What do u guys think ty and be kind:)

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    That sucker fish might be a comnon pleco. That will get massive if it is. Fire mouths are too big for that tank. A good rule for a tank as a min take the width of the tank and cut it in half. Thats the largest fish that will comfortly fit. You might want to look at dwarf cichlids. Convict fit too but they can be nasty..
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Default Stock plans any ideas

0 Not allowed!
    By that logic my severum barely fits in the 125, which we all know is PLENTY big for them and larger cichlids.

Firemouths don't get bigger than 6 inches....
    4-6 inch cichlids will fit fine in a 55. I would just keep a pair (start with 6) and stock the tank around them.
    Last edited by jaysee; 08-04-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ty guys any more ideas it there I kinda just want to get 1 kind of fish. I want to see if they do better in a tank if its just 1 breed and not a big mix of differnt fish

1 Not allowed!
    Firemouths are good parents that reportedly live well in family units. As was mentioned, you'll have to come up with a plan for fry. I would still look to add some dwarf neon rainbows or giant danios to swim around the top of the tank.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10