· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Watering your garden with old tank water

0 Not allowed!
    Has anyone use their old tank water to water their garden outside with? I have a heavily planted 55 which I do water changes every 2 months on when I service my canister filter. I've thought about taking the 15 gal of water mixed in with all the crap I suck off the bottom in nooks and crannies and using it to water one of my tomato plants to see what it would do. Anyone's thoughts?

Awards Showcase

you could be famous! - SeaLady For following through on a dare! - steeler58 For having a big heart and caring :) - steeler58 Have a cup of joe for the good converstion this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 

4 Not allowed!
    DO IT!! lol That stuff works wonders man. Very good for your plants. I haul all my water out to the garden and I recent got a 300 gallon rain barrel to store my water in.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    +1 to what Compass said. I had MUTANT Cucumbers this year and ended up getting about 15 pounds off of 3 plants.

Awards Showcase

Have another Rummy for 12,000 posts ;) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep - mommy1 Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 
    a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl 
    more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus 
    After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    My front porch potted plants have never looked better since I've fed them tank water
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's extremely good for the plants. Definitely do this.

2 Not allowed!
    Only thing is you don't want to pour it over any salad leafs.

3 Not allowed!
    I've been watering indoor plants (winter) and outdoor plants(summer) for a while with waste aquarium water. It works like sticking afterburners on the plants.

3 Not allowed!
    You change your water every 2 months? Holy Cow. I had 3-55 gallon tanks and did a 50-60% water change WEEKLY. After 2 months, that water is depleted of all nutrients and the nitrates must be sky high. I watered my house plants with it. Not enough for a garden.

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    In the summer I do bi-weekly 50% WC, not because the tank need it (it doesn't, at all), but because it's still better than tap water for my plants and the water barrel is empty at this time of year. I figure it's gonna have SOME fish poo in it .... plants look amazing, tank looks amazing.

In winter, I don't bother as often and only the house plants and garden pots get the good stuff ... :p Waste not, want not!
    55g planted: 10x adult guppies + fry, 8x kuhli loaches, 7x black neons, 4x neons, 6x Amano shrimp, assassin snails & cherry shrimp

10g planted: Bael the betta, 2x Indian glassfish & Pops the purple Apple snail

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

2 Not allowed!
    aquarium waste and waste water are full of nitrogen that make plant growth explode! it's like organic miracle-grow.
    Thar she blows!!!