· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Dwarf Hairgrass Carpet

0 Not allowed!
    I am wondering if my dwarf hairgrass will carpet and if so how long it will take to see some runners. I have one 24W roseate bulb and one 24W 6000K bulb on a 20 gallon high giving me 2.4 WPG, my substrate is BB sized black gravel with laterite mixed in! I does liquid CO2 and nutrafin plant gro currently

Awards Showcase

Sharing my winnings with my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Heres to the "good old days" of fishkeeping - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie you won't need another tank for this one - showmebutterfly 
    Instead of rep, how about a snack?..need to spread the rep, lol - Slaphppy7 For always appriciating my videos :) - steeler58 Just Saying Thanks for the help! - Plecos Hope they work for you this time ;) - steeler58 Good eye! - j250nyahweh 
    Congrats on MOTM! - Slaphppy7 Here's to MOTM ;-) - steeler58 cheers! - RiversGirl love the new fish - SeaLady Yay for new fish ;-) - steeler58 
    Another Rummy for passing 2,000 - steeler58 After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed some color! - Plecos T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! Miss seeing you online! - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Matt, i think imo dwarf hairgrass is a slow grower. But you have the right setup for it to grow.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reply! That's okay I was just wondering if I had all the right parameters for healthy growth!

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

2 Not allowed!
    I would think so, that stuff does like the high light. Though I've heard it can be a bit touchy so don't worry if you end up having some trouble with it. You might have to play around with your fertz and or lighting.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

0 Not allowed!
    If your looking for quick results then buy multiple pieces. These "grass" plants really don't grow fast. I have Dwarf Amazon Suag and use 2-22w T5 bulbs 8 hours a day, Co2 every other day, Potassium 2 times a week and Iron once a week. My Suag has only grown a little. I've had it for over 2 months.
    Wife's Tank
    20 Gallon tall
    12 plants with dual T5's and dry ferts- Iron, Potassium and CO2
    6-Pygmy Cories, 4-Red Wag Platys, 6-X-ray Tetras 1-Scissor tail guppy.

My tank
    120 Gallon
    with 2 Florida Atlantic Stingrays and 12 Mystery Snails- soon as our couch is delivered.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    if u want quick results do the dry start method google it

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Dhg dose a little better with injected co2 but it should grow fine in the set up you have. It is a slow grower like all the above have said.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Both my dwarf hair grass and amazon sword has browned quite a bit. Is this just the plants acclimating to being submerged?

Awards Showcase

Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 
    Have some pumpkin pie - mommy1 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF! - showmebutterfly Thanks So Much. - metweezer T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I would tend to think so. If I recall correctly your swords did look like they were sporting the usual emmersed look. So it might take them a while to acclimate and grow new submerged growth.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The leafs started to slowly become translucent and now are mostly brown, the smaller new leaves are not brown yet though if that info helps